New inDriver app in Joburg is cheaper than Uber

The_MAC

Executive Member
Becoming a driver is very simple using the inDriver app, and requires the submission of the driver’s photo, a photo of their vehicle, their vehicle registration certificate, and their driver’s licence with a professional driving permit.
Tempting, but I am skeptical as to how well they screen their drivers - unless they mimic the other 2 apps process

I am willing to part with a few Madiba's extra to ensure I get to my destination safely.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Tempting, but I am skeptical as to how well they screen their drivers - unless they mimic the other 2 apps process

I am willing to part with a few Madiba's extra to ensure I get to my destination safely.
It's not as if Uber and Taxify are great at screening their drivers. I've had issues with both services.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It's not as if Uber and Taxify are great at screening their drivers. I've had issues with both services.
I have had good drivers. Foreigners, never a local, and some are driving with both companies.

Asgard85

Correcto. Mimicking the other two apps is no guarantee of getting good drivers.
A couple of weeks ago I had an Uber chop who drove off after I opened the door to get in. Once I was in the car he then proceeded to reverse over and get stuck on the pavement, arse into the road on Malibongwe Drive in Randburg, wheels spinning. I got out and had to push him off. He then drove on the highway at 65km/h in the second to right lane, cars blasting past us, apparently totally oblivious.

Honestly it seemed like he had bought his license the week before, having never driven, and was still practicing his driving.

Thor

Honorary Master
Probably cheaper because they take less of a cut, Uber takes a massive chunk of the money.

It's good, we need more local competition to stop international companies parting with our money and pay tax elsewhere.

Boris Becker

Expert Member
Probably cheaper because they take less of a cut, Uber takes a massive chunk of the money.

It's good, we need more local competition to stop international companies parting with our money and pay tax elsewhere.
They're a Russian company.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
Safety is a huge factor for me. Unless a driver has dozens or hundreds of good ratings, there is no way to know if you just summoned a robber in a stolen or hijacked vehicle.

jax_maxit

This explains the 10% off the next 10 rides on Uber and up to 50% the next couple days on Bolt/Taxify. Either that or the fact that we in Gauteng tend to not go out in winter.
My discounts are coming in handy because I hate driving around for social events. I prefer Uber/Bolt. I'll check the new competition...

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
This explains the 10% off the next 10 rides on Uber and up to 50% the next couple days on Bolt/Taxify. Either that or the fact that we in Gauteng tend to not go out in winter.
My discounts are coming in handy because I hate driving around for social events. I prefer Uber/Bolt. I'll check the new competition...
Info?

lotus123

Correcto. Mimicking the other two apps is no guarantee of getting good drivers.
A couple of weeks ago I had an Uber chop who drove off after I opened the door to get in. Once I was in the car he then proceeded to reverse over and get stuck on the pavement, arse into the road on Malibongwe Drive in Randburg, wheels spinning. I got out and had to push him off. He then drove on the highway at 65km/h in the second to right lane, cars blasting past us, apparently totally oblivious.

Honestly it seemed like he had bought his license the week before, having never driven, and was still practicing his driving.
Wow, I've had a few sketchy rides but your driver took it to another level. You showed real character there.

Asgard85

Wow, I've had a few sketchy rides but your driver took it to another level. You showed real character there.
Yeah he was pretty poor.

I actually decided to send uber the details of the trip after I made that post here and they replied very quickly, told me they had put measures in place to reduce my chances of being paired with that driver in the future and refunded me for the trip. Impressive.