New iPad 3 to hit South Africa this month

Vlad

it's nice to know SA is not that far down Apple's priority list anymore...

Ecco

Executive Member
No pricing released, but i am guessing core will probably take a nice piece of the pie.

bwana

MyBroadband
No pricing released, but i am guessing core will probably take a nice piece of the pie.
I can't see why it would be significantly different to the previous models - unless the exchange rates have fluctuated to a greater degree.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Entry level model R5k for the 16gb wifi. Anything more than that is going to be difficult to justify.

Jola

Honorary Master
I need a minimum of 64GB on my tablet - Apple should have introduced a 128GB iPad 3 !

bwana

MyBroadband
Entry level model R5k for the 16gb wifi. Anything more than that is going to be difficult to justify.
How much was the iPad2 16gb wifi?

EDIT - I see it launched at R4,399 according to this http://mybroadband.co.za/news/gadgets/19940-south-africa-s-ipad-2-pricing-competitive.html - it should not differ significantly.

I need a minimum of 64GB on my tablet - Apple should have introduced a 128GB iPad 3 !
They should have but then again 16gb has always been enough for me.

That said I wouldn't say no to one of these for extended periods away from my laptop.

Last edited:

Freaksta

Expert Member

They should have but then again 16gb has always been enough for me.

That said I wouldn't say no to one of these for extended periods away from my laptop.
Yup ive also done fine with my 16GB, but then i would never ever watch a movie on the thing.... Ive got a TV for that....

My brother picked up one of these when he was overseas its quite neat, but rather expensive!

sand_man

Honorary Master

EDIT - I see it launched at R4,399
Correct. Then went up to around R5k due to the weak rand. Current price is R3999 though, for the entry level.

bwana

MyBroadband
Yup ive also done fine with my 16GB, but then i would never ever watch a movie on the thing.... Ive got a TV for that....

My brother picked up one of these when he was overseas its quite neat, but rather expensive!
I watch loads of movies/series on mine - usually streaming with AirVideo but we usually load quite a few movies for the kids for when we visit friends or for myself when I'm working out of town.

Jola

Honorary Master
I said that it should have more memory, but not that it should cost much more !!

IMO they are gouging the memory thing, flash memory is cheap nowadays.

My ideal would be a 32GB tablet with a microSDXC slot - you already get microSDXC in 64GB.

But Apple don't offer slots, so they should offer higher memory models.

F

Fudzy

Title is misleading, it should read New iFred 3 to hit... to stay in line with the MyBB custom name policy.