New iPhones will cost the same as 2018 range – Report

kianm

Honorary Master
So they deny the price does not have a bearing on sales ok i guess they know their market

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
There might however be more phones in the range at more reasonable prices.

Dolby

Honorary Master
D you think that it's only the price slowing sales ?
Or the fact they're almost the same as the previous generation ?

krycor

Honorary Master
Problem I read is that there is no major innovation in the phones the last round excl. larger and processing based updates. This seems to be the trend this time round too.. I mean sure 3D Camera, more focal length, maybe. Different design but nothing new to add.. so their sales numbers gonna suck for the same price which is now proven to be too much.

Ps. I won’t be upgrading for another 2yrs because until there is Touch ID embedded and no fugly notch I’m not interested

Pandas2

I think there two main reasons that have caused a slow down on smartphone purchase:
1. We've seen worldwide stumble in economy, this makes the rising costs of tech gadgets to be much more noticeable - so high prices
2. And the maturity of smartphone technology. The changes year on year are not technically as minimal as they seem, it's just that the tech has become so good even on midrange phones that the improvements are not as easy to appreciate.

It's like a UHD TV compared to a FHD, the difference didn't make you want to get it as much as the move from SD to HD was.