New Jersey driver crashes car after passing out from wearing N95 mask

Nicodeamus

Executive Member

« New Jersey driver crashes car after passing out from wearing N95 mask«

And some governments have mandated this practice.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
You won’t know if you’re about to run out of oxygen. One minute you feel fine and then you collapse.
I've got sleep apnea. I know exactly when I need oxygen. I'm not sarcastic either.
I've got intense head aches and fatigue when it happens.
I doubt a person doesn't know.
Sure, tired at the wheel and falling asleep I can understand.

Dave

Honorary Master

« New Jersey driver crashes car after passing out from wearing N95 mask«

And some governments have mandated this practice.
and yet doctors, nurses etc wear these (or even more protective versions) for 12 hours a day when on shift?

What's the word for the droppings of a male cow again?

John Tempus

Expert Member
Even the normal 3 layer wearing it for over an hour I can start feeling a headache come on due to lack of oxygen but passing out is a whole new level.

You should definitely at a minimum every 30mins take the mask off for proper few breaths, totally insane to wear it for hours and hours without once slipping it off.

Was this guy driving alone in the car ? If so, why the hell did he even bother to wear a mask or do they think a the virus is now going to turn into a super virus where you reinfect yourself in the car you are in alone, lmao.

pouroverguy

Even the normal 3 layer wearing it for over an hour I can start feeling a headache come on due to lack of oxygen but passing out is a whole new level.

You should definitely at a minimum every 30mins take the mask off for proper few breaths, totally insane to wear it for hours and hours without once slipping it off.

Was this guy driving alone in the car ? If so, why the hell did he even bother to wear a mask or do they think a the virus is now going to turn into a super virus where you reinfect yourself in the car you are in alone, lmao.

Masks do not affect your Oxygen saturation. Doctors are wearing them for hours on end with no issue.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Masks do not affect your Oxygen saturation. Doctors are wearing them for hours on end with no issue.
Then they are wearing them ineffectively. If it is a proper mask that is properly enclosed then you CANNOT wear them for hours and hours without any breathing issue or headaches or slowly poisoning yourself thanks to carbon dioxide inhalation.

You are talking bs, I am from a medical family and I know first hand even during extended surgeries that the surgeon will briefly remove the mask every 30 or 60 minutes.

If you have no obstruction to breathing then you may as well not wear a mask. It is a fact that you do restrict the flow of oxygen wearing quality masks correctly, not sure why you even try dispute this. Most people during covid19 is either wearing useless cloth masks ie. no obstruction at all or the other common joke is people wearing masks only over their mouths with their noses exposed.

The issue with quality masks is also not restricted to less oxygen inflow but also the build up of carbon dioxide inside the mask that you slowly start to re-breath and this is also part of why it is common to slowly get a headache if you wear it for too long duration continuously.

Last edited:

RVQ

Expert Member
lone occupant
Why was he wearing a mask? The idea is to use em in closed public spaces like shops, malls,... Where you likely to be in close proximity to strangers. Sounds like a BS story to me...

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
Lincoln Park police believe that the driver, who was not named, lost consciousness while behind the wheel Thursday from lack of oxygen and breathing in excessive carbon dioxide thanks to the mask
I regularly hear of drivers losing consciousness (pre-corona) and crashing, and none of them have been remarked to have been wearing masks. Are the police qualified to be able to come to a medical conclusion on the incident? Well they haven't, it is reported that they are speculating and that is being relayed as gospel by people as it fits their narrative.

buka001

Executive Member
I have guys who work in dusty environments, who wear face fit tested masks. They have to be properly shaven to wear the masks to make sure it is sealed and the seal is tested to ensure it works. They work with the masks on for a good 3 to 4 hours with the masks on.

No one has ever passed out.

Grant

Honorary Master
You are talking bs, I am from a medical family and I know first hand even during extended surgeries that the surgeon will briefly remove the mask every 30 or 60 minutes.
Kak

p...guy is probably at groote schuur hospital right now - not because he is visiting family.

As for me, as a perfusionist, I've spent hundreds of hours in cardiac theatre when patients need to go on bypass. I have yet to come across any member of a surgical team removing a mask for air.
Most procedures where a patient goes on bypass take 2.5hrs +.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master