New Jersey driver crashes car after passing out from wearing N95 mask

abzo

Honorary Master
Let’s go through the maths again:

Sars-COV-2 particle size : 100nm
Carbon Dioxide particle size : 0.3nm

So the same masks that don’t protect you because the virus particles can still get through also cause carbon dioxide saturation because the CO2 can’t get out.

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
Wearing masks for a prolonged period of time is not harmless, as the following evidence shows:

1. The WHO warns of various “side effects” such as difficulty breathing and skin rashes.
  2. Tests conducted by the University Hospital of Leipzig in Germany have shown that face masks significantly reduce the resilience and performance of healthy persons.
  3. A German psychological study with about 1000 participants found “severe psychosocial consequences” due to the introduction of mandatory face masks in Germany.
  4. The Hamburg Environmental Institute warned against the inhalation of chlorine compounds in polyester masks as well as problems in connection with disposal.
  5. The European rapid alert system RAPEX has already recalled 70 mask models because they did not meet EU quality standards and could lead to “serious risks”.
  6. In China, two boys who had to wear a mask during sports classes fainted and died.
  7. In the US, a car driver wearing an N95 (FFP2) mask fainted and died in an accident

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
Enough with the BS/FUD.
I think your welcome in this section might be nearing its end.
I am sorry, but who appointed you as the moral arbiter of this? secondly that was just a quote from the website.

abzo

Honorary Master

Nicodeamus

Executive Member

“ Bus riders violently refusing to wear masks or maintain safe distance are driving a surge in attacks on transit workers, The Post has learned”

The law of unintended consequence. Luckily @bwana has been saved from this.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
you're clearly overstepping your authority by threatening someone that disagrees with you. It speaks to your character.
You said they died in your post, no one died in your link, you are creating fake news, so it really speaks to YOUR character...

The driver was taken to a local hospital, where the person was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, cops said.

buka001

Executive Member
It doesn't affect the oxygen or CO2 content going into your lungs.
However, what it does do is make your lungs work harder.

To use an analogy. Putting a filter in front of a pump won't change the composition of the water molecules, but the pump will need to work harder.

I have a bit of a fun anecdote about this. I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago, so I have not been able to run. For anyone on discovery vitality, this is a problem as you need to get a certain number of exercise events per week. To get 300 points, you need to have an average heartrate above a certain threshold for at least 30 minutes. I have an old exercise bike from my father in law which has a faulty friction control, so it is effectively peddling against nothing.

So, one morning, I tried to get my points by going on a run around the complex, after 3 laps my ankle was on fire, so I had to limp back home and get on the bike. No matter how fast I peddled, I couldn't get my HR above 156 BPM to qualify for 300 points. It was sitting happily at 140. So, I had a brainwave, I put my buff on whilst I was inside on the bike. Within 3 minutes my HR was at 160 bpm and I got the points.

It is quite a fun experiment to try if you have a smartwatch that can measure your heart rate. Do an exercise with a mask and without one.

If you look at the photos here:

On the pulse oximeter, her BPM has gone up slightly. (Yes I know there is heart rate variability to take into account).

Back to this story:

Firstly, if you have been driving a vehicle for hours, you are going to already be exhausted, adding a mask to that will only make it worse. So, I don't think it would be too unreasonable to think that he simply lost concentration because of the combination of driving for hours and wearing a mask.

But the more important thing to take from this is this:

Why the hell is he wearing a mask when he is the only person in the car? That is like wearing a condom when you jerk off.
Utter bull.

I have guys working with heavy equipment, machinery etc, wearing sealed face fitted masks.

I have worn these masks myself.

Exhaustion, passing out, anything like what you describe? ... nothing, nudder, vokol for 20 years.

Worked inside Impala Platinum Refinery in Springs, doing some construction work on the Autoclaves. I would wear a damn mask the whole day. Never an issue.

@Grant own experience also demonstrates the same.

Barrel scrapping bs.

buka001

Executive Member
Wearing a mask when not doing anything physically strenuous is not a problem, even walking is fine, but start doing something more strenuous and you will definitely start feeling it (say like carrying a ladder 1,5 km) and have to take the mask off now and then for a bit.

Wearing a mask while driving alone in a car... why?
Galen Rupp would like a word.

Won the 10 000 meter, while wearing a mask, because he is highly allergic to pollen.

Sensorei

Executive Member
Kak

p...guy is probably at groote schuur hospital right now - not because he is visiting family.

As for me, as a perfusionist, I've spent hundreds of hours in cardiac theatre when patients need to go on bypass. I have yet to come across any member of a surgical team removing a mask for air.
Most procedures where a patient goes on bypass take 2.5hrs +.
Doctors don't wear N95 masks as standard practice during surgery. Surgical masks are vastly different.

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
You said they died in your post, no one died in your link, you are creating fake news, so it really speaks to YOUR character...
I quoted the text from the Swiss Research website, but yes he didn’t die. Pointing that out is reasonable, threatening someone isn’t.

The Mask issue has made Bwana a very sensitive man and this isn’t his first tantrum on the matter.

Last edited:

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
Utter bull.

I have guys working with heavy equipment, machinery etc, wearing sealed face fitted masks.

I have worn these masks myself.

Exhaustion, passing out, anything like what you describe? ... nothing, nudder, vokol for 20 years.

Worked inside Impala Platinum Refinery in Springs, doing some construction work on the Autoclaves. I would wear a damn mask the whole day. Never an issue.

@Grant own experience also demonstrates the same.

Barrel scrapping bs.
You need to get used to it and also take into account that all the mask heavy occupations have to test their workers each year. It’s standard Health and Safety practice.

If their lung capacity is to weak then they cannot work there anymore.

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
You keep referencing that site. Has it not already been shown to have more holes than Swiss cheese?
No, it is constantly updated and corrected as new evidence comes out. I suspect though that each sub section has a different author.

They also give the actual reference that allows you to do your own fact checking.