New law to embed expropriation without compensation into Constitution is to be sent to the National Assembly for consideration

HunterNW

Honorary Master
South Africans and the world, for that matter, needs to accept the fact that land reform will happen in South Africa. There is only one solution, and the ANC will never stop until it happens, and that is for them to take all ownership of land. This is coming and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
We'll see about that. No one can foresee the consequences. I'll bet a case of beer there will be blood flowing.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Lol..I can't see any idiot paying the bank when your property has been 'possessed' by the 'dispossessed'..... :laugh:
I wont be paying either....

Problem is that the banks were all too willing to play ball with the gov writing these laws. The only reason I can see them do that so willingly is that the law will provision the contract terms to be paid by the original contract signee thus the banks will not lose out even though the law is directly stealing from the payer twice.

Obviously it is ridiculous to pay for something that got stolen but if they can put this into law then it is legal theft and by law not theft. Such an amazing country to live in, bah.

Ryansr

Expert Member
This is just a small part in the movement of SA government towards communism IMO. :whistling:

konfab

Honorary Master
If parliament goes through with it, the only recourse will be a constitutional court case to determine whether the basic structure doctrine applies to South Africa.

Supervan II

Expert Member
South Africa: a circus, full of clowns running the show. I just don't know when last they did anything impressive
5m4yv7.jpg

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
South Africans and the world, for that matter, needs to accept the fact that land theft will happen in South Africa. There is only one solution, and the ANC will never figure it out, instead they will steal all land. This is coming and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
ftfy

rvZA

Executive Member
We'll see about that. No one can foresee the consequences. I'll bet a case of beer there will be blood flowing.

Don't think there will be masses coming to take your house, your flat, your farm, or whatever. Once approved and the Constitution is changed, all land, including your property will belong to the State. As easy as that. They will have custodianship of all land. All that this will mean is that your title deed is worthless and means nothing. If you have a bond, it will be up to you whether you want to continue to pay the bank.

At some point in time, government may request you to pay rent to them. If not, the SAPS, special task force or even if needed, the military will be deployed to evict you if you fail to pay it.

Magnum

Expert Member
Don't think there will be masses coming to take your house, your flat, your farm, or whatever. Once approved and the Constitution is changed, all land, including your property will belong to the State. As easy as that. They will have custodianship of all land. All that this will mean is that your title deed is worthless and means nothing. If you have a bond, it will be up to you whether you want to continue to pay the bank.

At some point in time, government may request you to pay rent to them. If not, the SAPS, special task force or even if needed, the military will be deployed to evict you if you fail to pay it.
It will be at that point that there will be no military or police left. South africa exists becuse of the Mineral Backbone. Services and foodstuffs were non existent within in 3 days. I was betting on 5-7 days. Never in my wildest dreams Could I imagine 3 days....

Now apply this to all major Metro's PTA, Nelspruit, JHB, BLoem, Durbs, PE, EL, CPT, RTB, Mafikeng, Upington.

You are talking about a major collapse in produce in a matter of days. The kind of disruption that requires US scale intervention.

I say Take the land. come take everything. I hope you can drink Sea water and eat dirt.. Because there will be nothing else. A bullet is too fast. Like a switch. It is off. no pain, no hunger no thirst.

1631017459236.png

This is what is coming. 80% plus of SA is barren. The whites turned it into a semi produceable landscape with technology, Education and Generations upon generations of farming. SA was enabled to grow and support the whole southern africa. When we fall. Everyone falls.

KSM93

It will be at that point that there will be no military or police left. South africa exists becuse of the Mineral Backbone. Services and foodstuffs were non existent within in 3 days. I was betting on 5-7 days. Never in my wildest dreams Could I imagine 3 days....

Now apply this to all major Metro's PTA, Nelspruit, JHB, BLoem, Durbs, PE, EL, CPT, RTB, Mafikeng, Upington.

You are talking about a major collapse in produce in a matter of days. The kind of disruption that requires US scale intervention.

I say Take the land. come take everything. I hope you can drink Sea water and eat dirt.. Because there will be nothing else. A bullet is too fast. Like a switch. It is off. no pain, no hunger no thirst.

View attachment 1142740

This is what is coming. 80% plus of SA is barren. The whites turned it into a semi produceable landscape with technology, Education and Generations upon generations of farming. SA was enabled to grow and support the whole southern africa. When we fall. Everyone falls.
Laughable fantasy. Black people have been doing fine before you invaded in the 1800s

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Laughable fantasy. Black people have been doing fine before you invaded in the 1800s
I am genuinely interested when I see comments like this. Do you not know the history of migration in Africa, or do you not believe it is true?

Or is it something else; do you think it was okay for Africans to invade the Khoi but not for Caucasians to invade Africans? How do you rationalize your position to yourself?

KSM93

I am genuinely interested when I see comments like this. Do you not know the history of migration in Africa, or do you not believe it is true?

Or is it something else; do you think it was okay for Africans to invade the Khoi but not for Caucasians to invade Africans? How do you rationalize your position to yourself?
I shouldn't be surprised you think black people can't survive on their own.

Gozado

They will make provision that you will have to leave but pay the rent until end of contract to the new property owner and some free living cadre will take up your apartment.

This is the "process" the banks claimed would be in order if you still have outstanding loan but your property gets taken. I would love to see that tested, no chance in hell I will settle any debt if someone just steal my land.

Problem is that the banks were all too willing to play ball with the gov writing these laws. The only reason I can see them do that so willingly is that the law will provision the contract terms to be paid by the original contract signee thus the banks will not lose out even though the law is directly stealing from the payer twice.
Do you have links, please, for any bank's position on this, in the way you set it out?

Were the bond contract to state that the signee (the buyer of the property) will be liable to pay on until the end of the contract, even if their property is expropriated without compensation... do you think that the banks would still have enough customers wanting to take out new bonds? If their custom drops, then they will be losing out on a very lucrative part of the business.

rvZA

Executive Member
Do you have links, please, for any bank's position on this, in the way you set it out?

Were the bond contract to state that the signee (the buyer of the property) will be liable to pay on until the end of the contract, even if their property is expropriated without compensation... do you think that the banks would still have enough customers wanting to take out new bonds? If their custom drops, then they will be losing out on a very lucrative part of the business.

He is talking kak! Firstly, South African law recognizes Force Majeure. Either the bank or the client can call upon Force Majeure any moment the Constitution gets changed and you are no longer guaranteed of property rights. My agreement with the bank guarantees my ownership right of both the land and infrastructure on it. If this gets threatened, my agreement with the bank is Null and Void and I will call upon Force Majeure, due to third party (government) intervention, which neither me or the bank has control over.

Banks know this. They will lose trillions of Rands. They will not be able to settle the debts and they will all go bankrupt. There won't be bonds in future, because no person will firstly be able to get a bond on something that belongs to the State, and secondly, no person in his right mind would take a loan to buy a property which can be EWC'd at any time.

Land and properties values will drop to 0. It will become worthless, like in Zimbabwe.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
I shouldn't be surprised you think black people can't survive on their own.
LoL, this one is crazazy!
I can't even begin to theory craft how you got that from what I wrote. Certified potato!

So I am going to have to assume you are completely ignorant of history. So I am afraid to be the first to inform you of this, but black people are invaders in South Africa. The Khoi was doing fine before black people invaded and took their land.

JohnMao

Executive Member
1652. Know your history! The Dutch arrived then; the Portuguese had already sailed around the southern tip of Africa.
But weren't the SAN the indigenous people in what became South Africa?

JohnMao

Executive Member
LoL, this one is crazazy!
I can't even begin to theory craft how you got that from what I wrote. Certified potato!

So I am going to have to assume you are completely ignorant of history. So I am afraid to be the first to inform you of this, but black people are invaders in South Africa. The Khoi was doing fine before black people invaded and took their land.
Erm, yeah that's not history according to the people who don't want to believe that. Proof the SAN/Khoi were here 100s if not 1000s of years before the southward migration but that gets conveniently forgotten.

Blackhand

The sad part is that the propaganda has convinced a shocking amount of people that forfeiting a right that protects them from the state, to the state, will somehow benefit them.
The reality is that this will benefit the politically connected and a handful of token examples.

The knock on impact, regardless of where you are in life, will put you in a worse position.

Even in the completely unrealistic situation that the people in the ruling party have pure motives and they act solely in the interest of the people, who is to say their successors will (people and/or party). This was the problem with monarchs with sweeping powers, one day you have a benevolent king, the next you have a tyrant.

John Tempus

Executive Member

Borrowers will still be liable for the full debt on a property, even if the underlying asset has been expropriated at below market value or without compensation. ... These loan agreements remain valid and binding irrespective of the value realised for the property used as security in support of the loan.

Sorry for not talking k4k. This is South Africa, the obvious stupidity is rarely fake news.

In short, what a funny country we live in. Anyone with a 30 year home loan should be k4kking themself if this goes through.

@rvZA rather shtup if you didn't even bother following the bill they are pushing through (eventually). This is why I stated that the bank were not pushing back too much against this because it made provision for them to still get original creditor to keep paying.

Think of it like this. The banks equate the home loan cash as the credit , you still received the money. In their minds you need to honor the money you received regardless of property that got stolen from you. This is how they get away with forcing creditors to keep paying their loans even if property got stolen by the government. Just because the property were the security for the home loan means nothing to the bank in this bill and thus if this pass its going to be a shtshow of epic proportions.

Last edited: