New law to embed expropriation without compensation into Constitution is to be sent to the National Assembly for consideration

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
As per many requests from the EFF, whose help they need to get the Constitution amended, it will be all land. The act does not differentiate between different types of land. The only exclusion will be traditional land, as proposed last week.
Still don’t see that as being a sign that land will be expropriated willy-nilly. Still busy reading though so could be wrong.

rvZA

Executive Member
Still don’t see that as being a sign that land will be expropriated willy-nilly. Still busy reading though so could be wrong.

It won't. State will simply take custodianship over all land. That is that.

notayoba

This will end with mega bloodshed. I know many people, (probably myself included) that will defend what needs to be defended, and are willing to escalate the defensive response to any level required. There will be no handing over of land, nor will there be any fleeing.

This is not Zim where people can just flee further south. This is the end of the line, and a stand will be made.

rvZA

Executive Member
This will end with mega bloodshed. I know many people, (probably myself included) that will defend what needs to be defended, and are willing to escalate the defensive response to any level required. There will be no handing over of land, nor will there be any fleeing.

This is not Zim where people can just flee further south. This is the end of the line, and a stand will be made.

No worries. You will not need to hand over anything at all. Your title deed will simply become worthless when the Constitution is changed and the State takes custodianship of all land. No input or action required from your side. Relax.

notayoba

No worries. You will not need to hand over anything at all. Your title deed will simply become worthless when the Constitution is changed and the State takes custodianship of all land. No input or action required from your side. Relax.
So I'll live for free then?

Someone will want to occupy said land. And they will die.

rvZA

Executive Member
So I'll live for free then?

Someone will want to occupy said land. And they will die.

Initially, I suspect this to be the case, but not for too long.

Once they start requiring rent to be paid to the state, no one will occupy your land. You will simply face off with the Special Task Force, the SAPS or Military when they come to evict you for not paying. Good luck with that fight.

notayoba

Initially, I suspect this to be the case, but not for too long.

Once they start requiring rent to be paid to the state, no one will occupy your land. You will simply face off with the Special Task Force, the SAPS or Military when they come to evict you for not paying. Good luck with that fight.
The special task force of roughly 90 operators are coming for millions of landowners. Good luck to them. They might be hardcore, but they'll struggle with those odds.

Some people (or even the majority) might just roll over, but at least a few hundred thousand won't. And you don't even need ten thousand armed people to eliminate the SA army. They are beyond useless.

rvZA

Executive Member
The special task force of roughly 90 operators are coming for millions of landowners. Good luck to them. They might be hardcore, but they'll struggle with those odds.

Some people (or even the majority) might just roll over, but at least a few hundred thousand won't. And you don't even need ten thousand armed people to eliminate the SA army. They are beyond useless.

At the end of the day it does not matter. No one will own land. Not black, not white. Only so-called kings and government officials will. The land will eventually become equally worthless to them all, as already admitted by Zim's finance Minister.

Those who die will die. One will die protecting his or her land from theft. The other will die in service of the State. All the same.

notayoba

At the end of the day it does not matter. No one will own land. Not black, not white. Only so-called kings and government officials will. The land will eventually become equally worthless to them all, as already admitted by Zim's finance Minister.

Those who die will die. One will die protecting his or her land from theft. The other will die in service of the State. All the same.
Time will tell. I suspect the republic will cease to exist if that happens. At first a few pockets will self govern, and then later they'll combine into a few larger entities.

Won't be the first or last time this happened south of the Limpopo. SA as a unified country didn't even exist a little over 100 years ago. No reason not to split it up again.

azbob

Honorary Master

If the Taliban can overthrow the US then I’m sure we can take over from the ANC.