New load-shedding outage checker..

ESKOM load-shedding status checks are performed hourly, on lexity.co.za.
I thought of an idea, a map that somehow intregrates with Google maps where it would warn you that the aeria that you are travleing to or through has load-shedding at x time slot.

I thought of an idea, a map that somehow intregrates with Google maps where it would warn you that the aeria that you are travleing to or through has load-shedding at x time slot.
This is a good idea. And I think - correct me if I'm wrong - that some information providers are doing this i.e. using GPS.

lexity.co.za has so far been self-funded. I should really put up a donation page, but so far, and for the moment it's an application that - due to the fact it shows the full schedule times - it is best viewed in landscape mode. And that for the most part means it is better appreciated by desktop users.

Maybe if I get my spare-time act together I can bring in some financial support to improve things.

Also, ESKOM's role is in flux. So I'm sure you can understand, I'm a little hesitant to throw too much time into a LS application. The nature of any State service-provision - including public-private partnerships - is the unpredictable and uncompetitive nature of its offering.

Only Cape Town schedules in that link.
There are a handful of tabs.

Click the 'Providers' tab. You'll see the other major metro's schedules linked.

p.s. City of Cape Town is only the default. I chose that one because it is the most static schedule data I know of. (the schedules for the various stages haven't changed at all, AFAIK since I launched the site)

Last edited:

Seems to be the latest link.

It shows area numbers and a link to the actual schedule, which is in the original Tshwane/Pretoria format i.e. pre-lexity formatted.

Fwiw, JHB and Pretoria have been in lock-step as to schedule data for a while, now.

Spidey sense are saying partial grid collapse imminent. Buy smokes, booze and canned food boys.

All schedules on the site will be updated shortly.

Except for CPT, as that one hasn't changed.

Schedule updates:

Metro' municipal schedule updates, on lexity.co.za:

Jo'burg(JHB)
Tshwane/Pretoria(PRT)
Durban(DBN)
Mlhathuze(MLT)
Port Elizabeth/Nelson Mandela Bay(NMB)
East London/Buffalo City(BCM)

Note: MLT and NMB are constantly in flux, hence will be updated for successive months(March '24 will be next) when the new schedule data is available from the respective municipalities.

Feature-add:

Some of the new schedules become quite data-laiden - especially for stage 8. This means the schedule is cumbersome to navigate and/or difficult to read.

To help with this, there is a new 'my-view-only' setting, to toggle the display to show only the blue-highlighted area. Click reset to clear.

Nelson Mandela Bay municipality appears to have abandoned publishing the full, up-to-date schedule to its website.

The last published schedule terminated on 3rd March 2024.

Nelson Mandela Bay have just published their latest schedule (4th Mar 2024 - 9th June 2024).

This change will reflect on lexity.co.za shortly.

Back