New lockdown rules: Cabinet approves changes to curfew, leisure travel

Currantly

Expert Member
Tourism minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane announced on Thursday that cabinet has decided to extend the national curfew to 22:00, from 21:00.

This is to accommodate restaurants, which have had to cut their dinner services short under the current curfew.

Currently, restaurant staff need to be in their homes by 21:00. To allow time for travel, and to clean and close the restaurant, this effectively means that restaurants may have to start closing by 19:00.

"To comply with the current curfew regulation, restaurants are unable to serve dinner to their customers which means that they are unable to operate at peak time of their business day. In response to this challenge, cabinet has agreed to move the curfew to start at 22:00 to allow for uninterrupted dinner service at restaurants. We believe that this change will go a long way towards increasing their revenue generation," Kubayi-Ngubane said.
Linky

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
" We are encouraged by the many letters of appreciation from patriotic South Africans, black and white, who did not listen to the misleading noise that the relief was specifically for Black people "

This while it was an ANC minister that started the story that it will just be for black people. The tourism minister no less. AND his position was upheld by the high court! What do they want us to think?

They can say what they want, but most of the media storm is because they are themselves confusing as hell.

abzo

Honorary Master
Travel home from a restaurant.....
That’s why restaurants are closing later now. If you’re out of there by 9 you should be home by 10. I mean it’s not like you’re going to sit around at the restaurant to drink...

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
That’s why restaurants are closing later now. If you’re out of there by 9 you should be home by 10. I mean it’s not like you’re going to sit around at the restaurant to drink...
I know...previously you had to leave at 8 to be home by 9.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Says who?

I often used to chill at restaurants drinking (and not just alcohol).. Coffee and such can go on for long after the meal has done.

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Wow, I can finally visit friends and family for a piss up braai.

Thank you quavament for your gracious permission, even though I have been doing that already for the last 2 months.

abzo

Honorary Master
Says who?

I often used to chill at restaurants drinking (and not just alcohol).. Coffee and such can go on for long after the meal has done.
It’s only for a couple more years. Let’s just put up with this so we can get back to our normal lives. Don’t resist.