New MacBook Air price for SA

entrepr

Expert Member
So everywhere it goes down, except here.
R has weakened against the $.

The ripoff for me is that even thought the 2014 has been announced in the US, local stores still punt the old Macair at the old price and without a conscience. Apple in the US wouldn't get away with that!

whatwhat

Executive Member
I was in Hong Kong when the new Air launched last year. They announced it at 2am or whatever HK local time was in the US and at 8am it was available in HK shops.

People in SA just have no clue how screwed we get here.

Viva

Expert Member
When are they going to introduce higher resolution displays for the Air line? It's been overdue for some while now. I also wish they would shrink the screen bezels and up the screen size while keeping the overall footprint the same.

But hey, this is just me dreaming.

whatwhat

Executive Member
When are they going to introduce higher resolution displays for the Air line? It's been overdue for some while now. I also wish they would shrink the screen bezels and up the screen size while keeping the overall footprint the same.

A 12" air with retina is rumoured to come out at WWDC this year (next month)

rorz0r

Executive Member
The Airs have actually had higher res than the non retina Pros for some time. It's like you're punished for not going retina...

thewusman

Expert Member
Core is taking the piss.

The Rand has strengthened considerably recently.

The entry level 11inch is effectively selling at ZAR 14.12 to the Dollar.

That's price gouging. Same for the rest of the range.

Just wow.

cozinsky

Expert Member

Your dreams might come true soon. A 12 inch Retina display MacBook Air is in the works. Should be released as soon as this year. If I really want an Air I would rather wait for this guy to come out. Nothing much has changed with the MacBook Air since 2010 with only incremental hardware upgrades.

cozinsky

Expert Member
R has weakened against the $.

The ripoff for me is that even thought the 2014 has been announced in the US, local stores still punt the old Macair at the old price and without a conscience. Apple in the US wouldn't get away with that!
Not good enough. Even if the Rand has weakened against the dollar (which it has not lately), the American Apple Store offers the Airs at $100 cheaper. The price reduction should be passed on the South African consumer. For now the Core group simply increase the price. I will NOT buy from them.

thewusman

Expert Member
Not good enough. Even if the Rand has weakened against the dollar (which it has not lately), the American Apple Store offers the Airs at $100 cheaper. The price reduction should be passed on the South African consumer. For now the Core group simply increase the price. I will NOT buy from them.
This.

+1.