New MacBook Pro launched — It's ports galore

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So I just bought the "new" M1 which is now old? With the old touch bar, the old USB-C charging port, the old everything? WTF Apple you POS.

No technology stays new for very long.

If this was a concern you’d better not buy anything ever.

dell25

What happens if a fullscreen app has a critical button behind the camera? :(
In the demo when it went fullscreen the menubar turned into a bezel (blacks out),
so most probably the use of the screen real-estate is hidden behind a api flag. so when the developer enable it they are also responsible for not drawing there.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I see most reviewers are happy with the notch, overall the product is well received. The price, given the options, is being criticised. These are pre-early impression reviews, so no hands on review guideline.

gbyleveldt

So I just bought the "new" M1 which is now old? With the old touch bar, the old USB-C charging port, the old everything? WTF Apple you POS.
Yeah but remember there's a massive price difference between the "old" M1 and the newer devices. I've got no desire to upgrade my MBP with M1 to the M1 Pro or Max. I solved the port issue with a relatively cheap adapter so I'm not left wanting to be honest

Speedster

Honorary Master
Shame, I see you did your homework before buying...

Speedster

Honorary Master

neoprema

Executive Member
Went to the istore website to see the Home Pod (We don't get it apparently).

Did find this though... WTF?

View attachment 1170268
i was looking at it, its quite interesting you can plant stuff and monitor its growth and watering on your iPhone. And you get herbs to use, saves you having a quick drive to Woolies when running out.

The Darkness

Expert Member
Have you ever owned a Macbook with magsafe?
USB-c is far more useful and has more utility value than magsafe. As a design function, magsafe solves a problem but creates others. I've owned many MacBooks over the years, several with magsafe and the USB-c is far more useful in terms of using different chargers, cables, charging ports as well as other brand power supplies. Not once have I ever 'tripped' over the cable (as the rationale for magsafe states).
It's not a function of product design to solve all potential problems. Where would it end? One might as well then rubber coat the whole device.

Speedster

Honorary Master
USB-c is far more useful and has more utility value than magsafe. As a design function, magsafe solves a problem but creates others. I've owned many MacBooks over the years, several with magsafe and the USB-c is far more useful in terms of using different chargers, cables, charging ports as well as other brand power supplies. Not once have I ever 'tripped' over the cable (as the rationale for magsafe states).
It's not a function of product design to solve all potential problems. Where would it end? One might as well then rubber coat the whole device.
The nice thing is you can have both

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I like magsafe. It makes it super easy to connect without actually having to look for the port. Although I hope they sorted out the cable fraying issue.