New Mandela Notes

Daruk

Honorary Master
Oh dear. How long before bid or buy ends up with thousands of these for sale at R2000 each.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Is it me, or does it seem more "square" than the current notes?

Looks shorter and wider.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Worth pointing out that if true they're departing from a very long tradition of having a political figure on one side and an SA typical animal on the other.

Double political seems odd, but not impossible given current political drift

I take it back & apologise for the questionable accusation against you. I am sorry.

Still think something here is dodgy though for various reasons, including as rpm says you've got a note that technically hasn't been issued as legal tender yet you say it's from an ATM

Completely unrelated...I REALLY like the stone pile on the note. The rest is totally meh...but I like the stone pile...it remind me of the fact that people were willing to suffer for their beliefs regardless of cost. I hope the note is real for this reason alone.

R.V

Banned
I take it back & apologise for the questionable accusation against you. I am sorry.
No worries, also no need to apologize for questioning me or the note. Actually, I still question it, or at least its legitimacy and/or early release.

First off, I got it from an ATM. I did not see it until I wanted to buy something from a store and then held the note out. I then later started looking to see if this is indeed the new commemoration note they spoke about. I knew it was only schedules to be released in July. They made a big hype about it and I cannot imagine them quietly slipping it into circulation.

But, I did find a couple of posts on social media of people showing their notes too. So I assume they released it. If they did not, it probably was a mess-up somewhere, and they still do not know some notes are out.

Lastly, I know there are a number of real R10 banknotes with a colourized Mandela on it. These are legitimate banknotes printed abroad, who apparently have a license to do this and sell these notes as commemorative notes. I am hoping this is not a few of them though...

sajunky

Honorary Master
There is already increased N/M propaganda. It increases regularily when ANC is in trouble. 100th birthday is just an opportunity. Stalin's propaganda glorification of poisoned (dead) Lenin was very similar.

BTW, Is there no 6th animal anymore?