• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

New McDonald’s restaurant looks like an Apple Store

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Nice looking - bit of a waste building it in a dump like Chicago though.

mmmig

Executive Member
Oh what a nice way to signal to Mcdonald employees that their services will be surplus to requirement in the next 5 years

labratza

Expert Member
looks good but will be a good few years before our stores look like that. they first need to work on quality of there food

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Plenty of McDonalds in Europe look pretty similar, I see the innovation compared to a random McDonald’s but not at all compared to their already modernized stores.

EADC

Expert Member
Plenty of McDonalds in Europe look pretty similar, I see the innovation compared to a random McDonald’s but not at all compared to their already modernized stores.
Where? not even the MCD on the Champs-Élysées looks that fancy.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Kind of weird seeing that...I don't associate McDonald's with actual dining. It's more like someplace you stop when you have to get something quick and cheap.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Where? not even the MCD on the Champs-Élysées looks that fancy.
The outside looks fancy, I agree but nothing revolutionary as the article wants to make it.

The inside looks very similar to a few brand new ones I’ve stopped at in Spain, can’t remember the towns.

The Champs Elysées one is actually a bit outdated, Opera is much more modern.

Here’s one in China for example:

IMG_6888.JPG

Last edited:

Mister 44

Executive Member
Now if it was an Apple Store that looked like a McDonalds I would be impressed.
Biggest resemblance is that the employees have the same level of education across both stores.

"You want fries with that iMac?"

wizardofid

Expert Member
Make it look modern and "healthy", but still sell cardiac arrest in a box. Win-win. Last time I was in McD was back in the early 90's, they had those cheap little burgers for R4.00 each, then I discovered steers little rave burgers, R7.00, Would buy 4 or 5 of those at a time which would be better value then one large burger.

I don't eat fast food now period, might get some KFC chicken pieces once or twice a year. I make my own burgers, or fried chicken that kicks KFC in the nuts.Quite like my dagwoods as it has some thing of every thing, including proper bacon, none of this macon stuff.