New Microsoft Surface devices not coming to South Africa

skimread

Executive Member
In the past they said not coming yet. Now they just outright say No.

Wouldn't mind those headphones

TehStranger

Executive Member
Those headphones are ugly as ****. 15 hours isn't enough, and the price puts them up against the Bose QC35s... yeah no.

Laptop looks the business though, if it had a discreet graphics card I'd be on it like a Subaru owner at a "free petrol" station.

CeeBee

Expert Member
" As with previous Surface hardware, however, the devices will not be available in the local market, Microsoft told MyBroadband"... not be available, likely means not for sale direct from MS.
but perhaps, hopefully still available from other local suppliers.
We have 2 Surface 4s at office, i'm using one at the moment, and we're quite happy with it, hoping to renew with the Surface 6 next year.
I suppose you will still be able to get anything - at a price.
I think we paid R18K for the 256Gb i5 SP4 with keyboard and pen, which is quite pricey, compared with say Ipad Pro... but really good quality and performance, so looking forward to the SP6

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway so meh. I like the hardware, just way out of my affordability.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

alexthotse

New Microsoft Surface devices not coming to South Africa

Microsoft has told MyBroadband that its new Surface devices will not be available in South Africa.

The company recently unveiled an array of new hardware in the US, including new multifunction laptops and PCs. Microsoft also unveiled a pair of Surface headphones.

R50000 for the 2TB SSD Surface Studio, definitely can't afford it as there is no customer service and representative should you encounter any technical difficulties