New MTN Fixed LTE SIM's from Axxess

Mobus

anyone else struggling recently?

I'm getting <1mbps some evenings and terrible ping spike trying to game :.(

EDIT: I think this was due to wifi interference. If I connect via another APN or wired cable the connection is fine.

Last edited:

Canan

Hello, I was just wondering +- how long you guys had to wait for a MTN Sim card from Axxess?
My client zone is stuck on "Waiting Client Acceptance" for 2 weeks and
i'm still waiting on a response to my recent support ticket...
Are they waiting for the first month to go by? :laugh:

Mawirepower

Hello, I was just wondering +- how long you guys had to wait for a MTN Sim card from Axxess?
Have you contacted the courier company? Mine took less than 5 working days.

Mobus

@The Axxess Lady can you help this guy?

LCBXX

Honorary Master
@The Axxess Lady Why are your support staff so incompetent that they refuse to assist people, who have routers other than the ones you sell, with APN settings?

Kwaailappies

@The Axxess Lady please help me, all three my clients on fixed mtn lte went down an hour after they connected for the first time, it is definitely a pattern with the service, how do we fix this? Ticket nr mkbm6bdda6 on your system

Mobus

@The Axxess Lady Why are your support staff so incompetent that they refuse to assist people, who have routers other than the ones you sell, with APN settings?
Hey man, don't be nasty to @The Axxess Lady or maybe soon enough she doesn't want to be here anymore. A suggestion to improve their call centre's technical response for apn settings would go much further.

Mobus

@The Axxess Lady please help me, all three my clients on fixed mtn lte went down an hour after they connected for the first time, it is definitely a pattern with the service, how do we fix this? Ticket nr mkbm6bdda6 on your system
This sounds a lot like a network block. Are you sure you are using approved routers or didn't test it at a different location first? I made this mistake twice and had to phone in to have it unblocked. First time I used an unapproved router (thought I'll do a signal test in a normal phone) and another time moved the router to a different location/province. Blocked and blocked. I was lucky they unblocked me without charge as the T&Cs says you only get one (location/tower?) unblock per year.

ahf

Morning Guys
These fixed LTE offerings from Axxess and Afrihost are they 24 month contracts or month to month?
Not interested to signup for contracts.
Thanks.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Morning Guys
These fixed LTE offerings from Axxess and Afrihost are they 24 month contracts or month to month?
Not interested to signup for contracts.
Thanks.
They are month to month :giggle:

ahf

Great stuff, thanks:thumbsup: might take the 30+30 package sim only deal.

InternetSwag

Expert Member
Does MTN's fixed LTE Night Time Data, automatically switch?
Like at 00:01 it stops using your other data?

Mobus

Great stuff, thanks:thumbsup: might take the 30+30 package sim only deal.
Just be sure you use one of the approved routers. You cant use it in a phone or any random router. MTN will block your device and sim within a few minutes up to a few hours.

Mobus

Does MTN's fixed LTE Night Time Data, automatically switch?
Like at 00:01 it stops using your other data?
Mostly yes. I've heard one or two people complain that something went wrong with their night data usage. I never had issues or had to reset the router at a specific time. To be safe though I would schedule big downloads only to start and stop within the night time window. But for things like gaming or streaming never bothered to check the clock.

Ps. Steam can be set with an auto download time window. For other things you can schedule a windows task to disable your network adapter at 5:59am.

ahf

Just be sure you use one of the approved routers. You cant use it in a phone or any random router. MTN will block your device and sim within a few minutes up to a few hours.
Thanks will check now.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
OK too bad my B315 not supported by them
Yes unfortunately the B315 is not supported on the MTN Fixed LTE network. It does work on Telkom LTE if you still want to use the B315.