New MTN Fixed LTE SIM's from Axxess

EffisShite

I ordered a MTN sim from Axxess yesterday, but nothing on my dashboard about the order. Anyone that can assist please, or refer me to the correct thread? Much appreciated.

Crumbl0x

Totally dead now. Connected with full signal, but no Internet.
Interesting, I'm with Afrihost but I noticed that between 18:00 to about 22:00 the speed really takes a plummet, but thankfully it's still usable for basic things. Is this common with a lot of people or just some places?

Mobus

Interesting, I'm with Afrihost but I noticed that between 18:00 to about 22:00 the speed really takes a plummet, but thankfully it's still usable for basic things. Is this common with a lot of people or just some places?
I think it all depends how "busy" your tower is. Mine was fine/great for a long time - could pretty much stream video any time of the day - then suddenly things took a bit of a dive. Streaming (sd) was still okay with buffering but gaming some evenings would just suck with ping spikes. Finally went for fibre. Same price. Less bandwidth but less latency. Crappy wifi.

SteffyyV

I have been with axxess for 6 years and am going to cancel my contract with them as a result of their HORRIBLE service with their fixed LTE. I have paid over R500 000 to axxess in the last 6 years as I run my business branch off of axxess as well. No more! If anyone needs an ISP I advise anything but axxess! Run from these crooks! Slower speeds than competitors, worse service and the same price. Moving to afrihost next month and can’t wait! On gods green earth I have no idea how these people have won any customer service awards, they are just patting themselves on the back because I’m dead sure nobody else feels like that. Run from axxess! Afrihost offers all their services and better!

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I guess it's a case of YRMV :unsure:

I have only had good support from Axxess. Granted they are not my current ISP, I am with Cool Ideas, but my parents use Axxess at home and at the holiday house and whenever we need support Axxess is very helpful.
They use Rain LTE at home with their domain (website and email) hosted with Axxess and MTN Fixed LTE at the holiday house. As can be seen from the speed test above it's pretty good so long as load shedding does not mess things up.

Canan

Please watch your Data now closer to end-of the month,
Axxess is having issues with processing Telkom topups.

"No eta has been provided yet" - Support
"We are currently experiencing an issue with Telkom mobile where there is a delay in processing of top ups. Our engineers are attending to this matter with Telkom. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."
The only current solution is logging into Telkom Out of Data Bundle Service and paying them directly via the "View Balances" section.

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Please watch your Data now closer to end-of the month,
Axxess is having issues with processing Telkom topups.

The only current solution is logging into Telkom Out of Data Bundle Service and paying them directly via the "View Balances" section.
This issue is resolved. Telkom had an issue with the API and portal issues yesterday. You should not be experiencing any issues with topups currently.

Mobus

I have been with axxess for 6 years and am going to cancel my contract with them as a result of their HORRIBLE service with their fixed LTE. I have paid over R500 000 to axxess in the last 6 years as I run my business branch off of axxess as well. No more! If anyone needs an ISP I advise anything but axxess! Run from these crooks! Slower speeds than competitors, worse service and the same price. Moving to afrihost next month and can’t wait! On gods green earth I have no idea how these people have won any customer service awards, they are just patting themselves on the back because I’m dead sure nobody else feels like that. Run from axxess! Afrihost offers all their services and better!
I'd say give them a break. I recently left axxess mtn fixed lte and went with afrihost for openserve fibre. Afrihost was cheaper and had a better ISP rating, as least on paper. Support was appalling to none existent. Speaking to an actual person over at afrihost seems impossible (whereas with Axxess it was only 50% impossible). Afrihost whatsapp support... :sick::ROFL:

My point is though, I think its just covid lockdown. Callcentres are thinly spread for social distancing or curbing outbreaks. Most ISPs are suffering. I think. I guess.

Mobus

I'd say give them a break. I recently left axxess mtn fixed lte and went with afrihost for openserve fibre. Afrihost was cheaper and had a better ISP rating, as least on paper. Support was appalling to none existent. Speaking to an actual person over at afrihost seems impossible (whereas with Axxess it was only 50% impossible). Afrihost whatsapp support... :sick::ROFL:

My point is though, I think its just covid lockdown. Callcentres are thinly spread for social distancing or curbing outbreaks. Most ISPs are suffering. I think. I guess.
Its worth acknowledging the continued 5 star support from the mybroadband ISP reps such as @The Axxess Lady and @AfriNatic. These guys and girls are a godsend and should be running the ISP's support platforms.

EffisShite

I had a an issue with Axxess with my MTN sim which didn't register. After 3 weeks at which time Axxess was very patient, the issue was resolved. Since then happy customer month 2. On the other hand Afrihost during lockdown took my R100 for delivery and never delivered the sim. Nothing I could do, R100 for Gian Visser (Buy a beer mr Visser.) Afrihost is a worst service company of the month in my books.