New Netflix and ShowMax competitor name unveiled

moklet

Expert Member
Sorry, ONTAPtv.com is currently not available in your country.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Crap logo, crap name, and by the way, "renting" a movie belongs in the nineties. People want to pay a flat charge each month and watch as much as they like. Doomed to fail and it hasn't even launched yet.

sybertiger

Expert Member
they should drop that 'tv" in the name
everything that says "tv" sounds like those free tv sites thats dont work,and full of ads"

OnTap.com sounds better

deweyzeph

Executive Member
they should drop that 'tv" in the name
everything that says "tv" sounds like those free tv sites thats dont work,and full of ads"

OnTap.com sounds better

It really makes it sound like these guys don't have a clue. It's not TV, so why put TV in the name?

MrR

Expert Member
Crap logo, crap name, and by the way, "renting" a movie belongs in the nineties. People want to pay a flat charge each month and watch as much as they like. Doomed to fail and it hasn't even launched yet.

+1. They should really change their business model.

JustAsk

Expert Member
More details here...as usual.

http://www.techcentral.co.za/ontaptv-com-launched-in-sa/59809/

Snippet
Content packages include a family package, a TV series package and a movies package at R69/month each. A “Mega-Pack” is ONTAPtv’s flagship package, which includes all the content available in the other packages. Those taking two packages pay R79/month in total. The Mega-Pack costs R89/month.

Additional special packages include African ONTAPtv (local content; R39/month), Chinese (now TV; R88/month), CSI Fight Sports (fight sports from all around the world; R69/month), Select (blockbuster movies available to rent). Select movies cost R15 for older blockbusters and R25 for the latest movies.

Sokum

The app is live in the play store....and they suck B@lls! DON'T waste data downloading the app.

Last edited:

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones

I thought you didn't like contracts and would rather pay as you go :p

hahaha

You make me laugh so hard sometimes.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I thought you didn't like contracts and would rather pay as you go :p

hahaha

You make me laugh so hard sometimes.

How is that a contract? I have several month-to-month subscriptions, I certainly don't consider them to be contracts. If I don't want to use their services anymore I simply cancel and stop paying.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
How is that a contract? I have several month-to-month subscriptions, I certainly don't consider them to be contracts. If I don't want to use their services anymore I simply cancel and stop paying.

Yet, you'd rather pay for airtime piece by piece, but not rent movies, piece by piece.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
What's with all these reveals? As if we are opening a lucky packet or something.

Nobody cares what it's called. We want to know the price and what it offfers.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Yet, you'd rather pay for airtime piece by piece, but not rent movies, piece by piece.

The prepaid vs contract debate for cellphones hardly seems comparable to Pay-per-view vs Flat Monthly Rate for VOD.