New Online shop selling iPhones coming soon for SA!

FaNIX

Expert Member
I will be starting a new business when I move to Melbourne in April. My online store is going to sell mostly anything you want, something similar to WantItAll, but with a few differences, including lower prices, faster door-to-door shipping, Gift Services etc...

You will be able to buy the product online using Debit or Credit card. Live shipping costs will be calculated using AusPost. As most of you know, Australia is one of the few counties that sells Officially unlocked iPhones. My estimates show that the iPhone 3GS 16GB (BLACK/WHITE) will sell on my store for no more than R6999.99, including shipping!!

My motivation for opening the website is to help South Africans get technology at affordable prices. Depending on how the website does, I will be opening a Request section where customers can create a request for an item. I will then source the item in Australia at the best possible price and get it to you as soon as possible.

I'll keep you all posted with my progress, the website is 90% done and is looking AWESOME! Looking forward to your support! :D

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Very nice! :) You could also try and sell cellphones in general to us, so that we don't have to pay the ridiculous prices we currently do. Nice one :)

FaNIX

Expert Member
Very nice! :) You could also try and sell cellphones in general to us, so that we don't have to pay the ridiculous prices we currently do. Nice one :)

Yes, that is the idea. I'm just using the iPhone as an example as to what I can offer. I will try to load all the most popular cellphones, but most online shops in Australia that only sells locally does shipping within 24hours, so if I don't have the item on my website, the customer can just create a new request, I will buy the item and ship it out the next day, it really is as easy as that! I did all my market research and I will without a doubt be able to provide most items at a cheaper rate. I mean, the Iphone 3GS sells locally for R8200!! That's insane!

Last edited:

HPFM

I will try to load all the most popular cellphones

Only thing to consider is buying other phones in SA, you get a 2 year warranty - for iPhone doesnt make a difference as you get a 1 year international warranty regardless.

FaNIX

Expert Member
Only thing to consider is buying other phones in SA, you get a 2 year warranty - for iPhone doesnt make a difference as you get a 1 year international warranty regardless.

2 Year Warranty on mobile phones in South Africa? Haven't heard of this before, maybe just on certain phones, but Apple has a standard 1 year warranty.

bex.cpt

Expert Member
Well I cannot wait. SA is seriously lacking in GOOD online shops and the Debit card facility will be AWESOME. I for one do not believe in credit cards. If you are going to focus on Apple I will be a frequent buyer :p

FaNIX

Expert Member
Well I cannot wait. SA is seriously lacking in GOOD online shops and the Debit card facility will be AWESOME. I for one do not believe in credit cards. If you are going to focus on Apple I will be a frequent buyer :p

Thanks for the positive feedback. At first my focus will be on Apply, because there products are small and easy to ship. On requests I will source most electronics, but as far as loading products on my side, at first it will only be Apple. I have to admit, the website does look good :)

I'll keep you all posted, website should be done by next week, but will only be open for business by April. Still sorting out all the legal stuff in Australia like business registration, vat etc... :)

FaNIX

Expert Member
So the expected timeline is April / May?

Probably the first week in April :) As I mentioned the website is 90% complete, will provide you guys with the link as soon as it's done so you can register an account so long, which will enable you to receive RSS feeds when new products gets added.

HPFM

2 Year Warranty on mobile phones in South Africa? Haven't heard of this before, maybe just on certain phones, but Apple has a standard 1 year warranty.

All phones bought (except iPhone :) ) bought either through Vodacom or MTN and used with their simcards get a 2 year warranty.

FaNIX

Expert Member
All phones bought (except iPhone :) ) bought either through Vodacom or MTN and used with their simcards get a 2 year warranty.

Well thats nice from Vodacom & MTN. Obviously everything sold will only carry manufactures warranty :)

WiT8litZ

I will defo look into the Macbooks etc. Have no idea how the warranties work if you buy from overseas and all that jazz :S

FaNIX

Expert Member
What do you guys think of <removed> ? :) Freaking hard to choose a business name :(

Last edited:

okohne

Cool - bought my Canon camera and lenses on a similiar concept (cost of body & lenses was what the lens alone wouldve cost here) and had it shipped to my sister in Sydney who then brought it over when she visited....should work well...good luck....

sfarooq

Nice idea mate ! I'd be keen if the prices are good and you can ensure door to door shipping :)