New Polo vivo 1.4 or Demo Polo Polo 1.4

DeHaast

Well this is my first post so please excuse any issues with it.

Ok so I have been given R135 000 to get my first car, I have cut it down to either the Polo vivo 1.4 brand new with all the extras for R133 000 or I can put some more money in for a demo 2013 Polo Polo 1.4 for R145 000 which has done 33000km.

The reason I am thinking of VW's is the great resale value compared to lets say Ford.

So any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated :)

LinuxMan

Expert Member
Don't touch a VIVO, rather go for a Ford Figo.
It is a much better built car, and by the way resale value is not bad at all..

I did all the homework on cars in that price range, drove them all the the Ford was the best hands down.

Segg

Expert Member
I'd go for the Polo Polo, great car! I've got the Vivo 1.4 63kw and my cousin's got the Polo Polo 1.4 63kw, exactly the same cars in terms of engine e.t.c. but the difference comes into the luxuries, the Vivo is miles behind the Polo when it comes to that

genetic

Honorary Master
Get the demo Polo. So much more of a car than the Vivo. The Polo's build quality is also far superior.

etwylite

Just a tidbit..after negotiation, we picked brand new vivo 1.6 for R129k in April this year. Ask around for discount.

DeHaast

Just a tidbit..after negotiation, we picked brand new vivo 1.6 for R129k in April this year. Ask around for discount.
After speaking to the sales guys "The price of vivos have increased over the last year" Just checkedand actually brother picked up a 1.4 Vivo in the start of the year for R122k

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
Proper Polo. The Vivo is VWSA's next attempt to dupe the South African public for decades to come like they did with the Citi. Don't get duped. To be fair the Vivo is a much, much better car than the Citi ever was but the Polo is just in a different league. Don't even consider a Vivo.

bavmorda

Guys sorry for my ignorance, but what is a difference between Polo Polo and Polo Vivo. Where one is build and where the other. Did not even know there is a difference.

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
Guys sorry for my ignorance, but what is a difference between Polo Polo and Polo Vivo. Where one is build and where the other. Did not even know there is a difference.
Polo:

polo580noti.jpg

Vivo (previous generation Polo):

sacarfan-vw-polo-vivo-hatch-51.jpg

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
Thanks, but a part from the shape, what makes one better then the other. Where are they made. Locally, India, China, Indonesia ... Mexico. You get the point.
Ah. Well, you did say you didn't know there's a difference. ;)

Both are built locally, but the Vivo is an older generation car which was stripped down so it could be built to a budget. The entry-level Vivo doesn't even have a rear wiper... or hubcaps for that matter. The new Polo is better built from better materials. It's bigger. It looks better. It handles better. It stops better. It's safer in an accident. The Vivo's just... old.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
The new Polo Polo really is a beautiful car. Stay away from the Vivo. Even the older Polo Polo is much, much better to drive.

New Polo Polo > Old Polo Polo >>> Polo Vivo.

genetic

Honorary Master
The Vivo is a super stripped down version of the old gen Polo. You can't compare the Polo Polo to a Vivo. The Vivo is more comparable to the later gen City Golf's with a newer body shape.