New prepaid Showmax special offers for South Africa

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
The prepaid packages available are:
  • 12 months – R475 (normally R1,188 – saving of R713)
  • 6 months – R297 (normally R594 – saving of R297)
  • 3 months – R199 (normally R297 – saving of R97)
However, the offer is only available to the following customers:
  • Existing Showmax Service customers who never provided a payment instrument to their Showmax Service Account and who will add a payment instrument within the Promo Period and pay for Showmax Service under the conditions of Showmax Special Offer.
  • Former Showmax Service customers who left the service recently.
  • Former DStv Customers who never signed up to the Showmax Service before.
The promotion is valid from 21 February to 31 March.

phly

Expert Member
And here I thought I was a special bird for getting this offer earlier on today as no one was talking about it. Seems I was just one of the first ones. I jumped at the chance as I have been missing the onedayonly 6 month vouchers that crop up briefly once a year. Quite a steal and they have me as a customer for a year. No stress and hassle of monthly debit orders :)

Nemoneiros

Expert Member

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Is showmax worth it if you have Netflix?
I know people who get a lot of value out of Showmax. It has plenty of kykNET and HBO content. Depends on your needs. Folks who don't care for local content and who pirate the HBO stuff they like will probably not get much out of Showmax.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
I know people who get a lot of value out of Showmax. It has plenty of kykNET and HBO content. Depends on your needs. Folks who don't care for local content and who pirate the HBO stuff they like will probably not get much out of Showmax.
I'd resub for hbo if they had a decent offering and not up to '720p'. Until then it's vpn for usa steaming...

I mean all my other services is up to 4k: Netflix, Amazon prime, AppleTV and Disney+. Even YT offers 1080p, 2K and 4K so why not them?

Local is better even for a subpar service?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'd resub for hbo if they had a decent offering and not up to '720p'. Until then it's vpn for usa steaming...

I mean all my other services is up to 4k: Netflix, Amazon prime, AppleTV and Disney+. Even YT offers 1080p, 2K and 4K so why not them?

Local is better even for a subpar service?
The 720p looks fine from my experience, but obviously no one should be happy that not even 1080p is the standard for Showmax. You don't have much alternative if you're looking for local content, and if you're only after HBO then you're going to pay a premium in both cost and time to source it from abroad.

Showmax doesn't have all the HBO content either. So if that's what you're after either pirate it or subscribe to HBO Now.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
The 720p looks fine from my experience, but obviously no one should be happy that not even 1080p is the standard for Showmax. You don't have much alternative if you're looking for local content, and if you're only after HBO then you're going to pay a premium in both cost and time to source it from abroad.

Showmax doesn't have all the HBO content either. So if that's what you're after either pirate it or subscribe to HBO Now.
Pretty much this. But Netflix has some local content. Liefling

McGuywer

Executive Member
Multichoice preparing to remove free Showmax from DStv Premium packages?

FrankyF

So let me get this right:

I have a monthly sub via debit order, so this makes me ineligible for this special deal?

Or am I reading the terms and conditions wrong?

beans100

Honorary Master
So let me get this right:

I have a monthly sub via debit order, so this makes me ineligible for this special deal?

Or am I reading the terms and conditions wrong?
Go to the link and see. I have a sub and could get the special.