New Rain uncapped 4G package launched

DTBA

Expert Member
Maybe they do, based on region and congestion. I was explaining how it works.

Given that they expect more people to be using their services over the next two months, they might start limiting streams for more people.
In a perfect world it would be nice if they could do it per tower base but hey its still good for what you pay

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
In a perfect world it would be nice if they could do it per tower base but hey its still good for what you pay
It would make more sense, if they limited you to a single 720p stream, but then, there is a big shortage of common sense, currently. Possibly that would skew their projections, which would not suprise me either.

Going to give it a skip, tho, if someone gave me a spare B618 - I just might give it a run, if i get to sit at home, due to circumstances.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Apparently the new info trickling down is you dont have to. One just needs to call in and request to be upgraded. I think not every "customer rep" is aware of that but thats why I said i'll report back once I am successful just to ensure that my said process actually works before making all kinds of bold claims.

PS I did the migration on another sim and not my standard 4G sim just incase the service is not as expected I am not inconvenienced.
Thanks called them and they'll migrate me to the new plan.. It'll take up to 48h. I did it on a sim with the R250 plan so I don't pay double or extra and on 1 April I'll just get billed pro rata. Can always cancel at the end of next month if it's not working out.

Yskasmetnstoof

Got the 5G standard. Some wobbly spots. One weekend with on off slow speed, twice in the last few days slow which was reset back to fast with a restart, but for the rest speeds are what is promised and it actually seems to be real uncapped.

epah

Expert Member
I h

I have noticed it now. I am being throttled on youtube and netflix. I have started using my vpn browser extension to get around this and it is so annoying.
Actually noticed this last night. My speeds were over 20Mbps but Netflix kept buffering or either playing at very low quality which never happened before. This includes YouTube too. Now it all makes sense thanks

epah

Expert Member
Yesterday I could not understand why my youtube videos won't load @ 720p I checked my speedtest and they are fine So I just left it. This morning after reading I tested it my side again yup... 360p load fine 720p buffers I need to use vpn. So they are not talking bull this is on the R250 uncapped. O never had this till yesterday
+1 never had this problem until yesterday too.