New restrictions to fight COVID-19 in South Africa considered

Grant

Honorary Master
So they'll sneak the money to you in two weeks?
That would be nice.
It's a long and unpleasant day.
110km there and back.
Get there 11am,leave after 5pm.
Swabs up left nostril, then right.
Swab down throat.
Injection using a frikking turkey baster, blood taken twice..and so on.

I read a comment like pb wizard and think to myself "why the **** should I go thru this schit for other ppl"

Grant

Honorary Master
Forgot context? Flu is still deadlier and more people died from the ANC's own actions all because someone misplaced a decimal point. #justsaying
Sure, absolutely. But this covid crap is an additional burden on humanity

Brian_G

Expert Member
That would be nice.
110km there and back.
Swab down throat.

I read a comment like pb wizard and think to myself "why the **** should I go thru this schit for other ppl"
Understood. Comment was nothing personal (hope you will laugh with us) , although I don't consider this thing the extreme emergency being hyped. Just an ordinary danger.
Still, caring appreciated.

itsme2

That would be nice.
110km there and back.
Swab down throat.

Who's forcing you? Why did you even post? Oh, I forgot, you needed to signal your virtues. My bad

gboy

Expert Member
Because some people need to take the first step so the rest of the world can benefit. I have a lot of respect for people who do clinical studies, as I parcipate in them as well when I can. The first person who flew, was laughed at, the first person who volunteered to take an insulin shot. The first person to climb on a rocket. We all owe them.

itsme2

Because some people need to take the first step so the rest of the world can benefit. I have a lot of respect for people who do clinical studies, as I parcipate in them as well when I can. The first person who flew, was laughed at, the first person who volunteered to take an insulin shot. The first person to climb on a rocket. We all owe them.
except that you're grandstanding and making out that you're saving us all. Give me a break

Brian_G

Expert Member
Is he though? Does why matter?
Lots of genuine emotion I saw, it sounds like a really krappy deal.

Swa

Honorary Master
That would be nice.
110km there and back.
Swab down throat.

Sure, absolutely. But this covid crap is an additional burden on humanity
Lupus made the original comment and it was perfectly valid. Sure what you are doing is good and without it there would be no advancement in medicine so my respect for that.

But it doesn't change that there has been a lot of overreaction and we are all getting tired of it. Covid isn't nearly as deadly as what was initially made out in a properly functioning healthcare system. Even in one that isn't the death rate isn't more than 0.5%. So we are all getting tired of constant talk of lockdowns and restrictions which don't work in stopping it and at best only "flatten the curve". At least 60% of people were always going to get it from the start no matter what we do.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
But you're doing it for you. We didn't ask you to do it, and I am not under any obligation to you and I am not going to take any vaccine or any other bullshitting response to this virus.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Sounds like he volunteered for something and now expects everyone here to lick the ground he walks upon.
Yeah, certainly started out sounding that way.
Aren't you going to add the clichéd "2 weeks" comment.
Ppl like me get poked, prodded and tested (4hrs today so far), so ppl like you can live to pass snide comments another day

profa

Honorary Master
:ROFL: The article headline made me laugh. New measures to fight Covid, yet in Bloemfontein, we don't have water to wash our hands because the municipality hasn't paid the water supplier (i.e. members of the same Whatsapp group squabbling over money that will end up being pissed away by either party anyway) :ROFL:
New meaures to fight Covid :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Wayne_ABC

"Over the last month, the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases increased from an average of 1,548 per week to 2,623 per week."

Per week? where do those stats come from when I am seeing over 3k per DAY
Average. 7 days total divided by 7 :)

unwind

Who's forcing you? Why did you even post? Oh, I forgot, you needed to signal your virtues. My bad
Lol, what's got your goat up mate? Its not affecting you so what's the problem here?
Personally I'm glad it's someone else doing the tests and not me..

Swa

Honorary Master
Lol, what's got your goat up mate? Its not affecting you so what's the problem here?
Personally I'm glad it's someone else doing the tests and not me..
Personally I don't care or ask for anybody to do it. Not going to take any rushed unsafe vaccine that doesn't work in any case.

unwind

Personally I don't care or ask for anybody to do it. Not going to take any rushed unsafe vaccine that doesn't work in any case.
Sure you didn't ask anyone to do it...but unfortunately someone always has to be a test subject for whatever medicines come our way.......it could help save lives at the end of the day and help us all get back to some sense of normality......is that such a bad thing?

maeztro

Aren't you going to add the clichéd "2 weeks" comment.
Ppl like me get poked, prodded and tested (4hrs today so far), so ppl like you can live to pass snide comments another day
Respect.

Got mine yesterday. Johnson version.

Screw the skeptics, I want front of the line.

jab01.jpg

Swa

Honorary Master
Sure you didn't ask anyone to do it...but unfortunately someone always has to be a test subject for whatever medicines come our way.......it could help save lives at the end of the day and help us all get back to some sense of normality......is that such a bad thing?
Not at all. See my earlier post. I am glad there are people doing it, not for Covid but in general.