New rights/permissions on MyBroadband forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedViking

Honorary Master
I can't upload photos anymore, since I've updated the Mybroadband app on android, get the following message:

"Oops! This feature has been disabled by your forum by administrator. "

@rpm or any mod that can assist.

EMAM

Executive Member
I can't upload photos anymore, since I've updated the Mybroadband app on android, get the following message:

"Oops! This feature has been disabled by your forum by administrator. "

@rpm or any mod that can assist.
Same here. ...wish someone would respond

bdt

Executive Member
Hey [MENTION=1]rpm[/MENTION] et al, this is just a SMALL sample of what this spammer/spambot was able to push through, because it seems the attacking side can just spew out new handles as fast as it likes while we, the worthless peons can RPB at a rate of ONCE A MINUTE. Which makes it utterly worthless for us to try to report and puts the onus on you lot to put some real, effective spam mitigation in place ...well, if you care to at any rate.

winning-spambot.PNG

j4ck455

Expert Member
Then the entire forum is closed off for all? Or is there a limit that I need to reach before I can create a new thread? It's a cellphone contract related question and think I have to ask it in that sub-forum.
I'm not sure what MyBB's intention was with that "Ask MyBroadband" forum because creating new threads in that specific forum is prohibited.

There is a more appropriate MyBB forum for cellphone contracts etc:

Cellular: Mobile Phones, Call Contracts, Content, MMS and SMS
(Mobile phones, call contracts, mobile content, MMS, SMS and related discussions)

and you can post new threads in that forum:

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=138

Last edited:

HelloMoto

Hi there, Im a newbie and yes my first post was an attempted classidied ad. Doh!

So are you saying that after 3 months I get to buy and sell stuff on here.
That sucks but I understand why youve done it.

Otherwise its becomes another Gumtree...

Status
Not open for further replies.