New rules for WhatsApp and other messages in South Africa set to be signed into law

Varktjop

Expert Member
Data message which incites damage to property or violence

Any person who discloses, by means of an electronic communications service, a data message to a person, group of persons or the general public with the intention to incite:

• The causing of any damage to property belonging to; or
  • Violence against a person or a group of persons is guilty of an offence.
I'm just going to assume that Twitter will fall under this.

This means that the EFF & BLM will be prosecuted for all the incitement they do.

/Sarcasm

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Blah blah I can't send pictures of my dogs anus around anymore.. Whatever.
This is the bit that bothers me:
It also provides that the executive may enter into agreements with foreign states to promote cyber security.

Wonder what will happen to this and who'll be assisting? The Russians or the Chinese?

Thor

Honorary Master
The EFF should be locked up immediately then since their entire operation is run via WhatsApp with the commanders giving orders down the various chain groups.

^fokn efficient tbh.

Swa

Honorary Master
"Parliament passes problematic Cybercrimes Bill"

I'm just going to assume that Twitter will fall under this.

This means that the EFF & BLM will be prosecuted for all the incitement they do.

/Sarcasm
They already can be. It's not being done.

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
Covered genitals = intimate image?

I'm wearing jeans right now. They cover my genitals.

grok

Honorary Master
Ooh, new laws to protect us.. lol!

Bullshit! This is so .gov can quell 'harmful' mobs organizing protests against the state via whatsapp.

We've seen the same behaviour in every African dictatorship from Lybia to Zimbabwe, only a fool believes we'll be different.

John_Phoenix

Expert Member
Blah blah I can't send pictures of my dogs anus around anymore.. Whatever.
This is the bit that bothers me:

Wonder what will happen to this and who'll be assisting? The Russians or the Chinese?
The Chinese already have a firm grip on its southern most province.

Some Beijing Bikini wearing sake swilling pedo has more access than most south african residents.

kolakidd

Oops, I deleted the message, officer:

View attachment 966216
Sorry, a screen grab of your message still constitutes evidence. One of our most famous cases of hate speech was a video shared to a group of friends on WhatsApp, that was then shared to the wider world.

If you can try and find one of Emma Sadleir talks on Social Media Law in South Africa.