New sim process on home connecta flexi?

B-1

Expert Member
I want to get a new sim for the home connects flexi packages but its been a while since I registers a new sim. Can I just pick up a sim somewhere and pay through my bank or is it more complicated and I need to find a cellc store?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I want to get a new sim for the home connects flexi packages but its been a while since I registers a new sim. Can I just pick up a sim somewhere and pay through my bank or is it more complicated and I need to find a cellc store?
Hi B-1

Thank you for reaching out.

You can purchase the Cell C SIM card at your nearest Retail Stores and
Insert the SIM into a cellphone to request a migration to the LTE tariff plan by dialing: *147# > My Account > Change tariff > Home Connector Flexi.

Step 2​

You will receive on-screen confirmation that migration was successful. The migration process is immediate, and you will be able to load airtime or purchase a bundle on cellc.co.za, the Cell C app, or by dialing *147*583#.

Step 3​

While the SIM is in the phone download the Cell C APP. Open the APP and register the number. You will receive an OTP as security confirmation. You can also link your new SIM number to your current Cell C number for ease of management of your data. After registration you can insert the SIM into your LTE router and enjoy.

^NZ

Swa

Honorary Master
It's a few bucks so just add it to your shopping or use the pocket change you have. They don't enforce strict requirements for Rica.

After changing the tariff make sure to also set your out of bundle spend to zero as it's NOT disabled by default.

You can use your bank card on the website to buy bundles or airtime. There's a glitch however. The site is zero rated but the third party apps like Recapcha is not so you need data to use it, but you can use another connection to do it.

Unfortunately you can't seem to use your airtime on the site to buy bundles and have to use USSD. That's the only irritating part as I have to remove it from the router and insert it into my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: B-1

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Hi B-1

Thank you for reaching out.

You can purchase the Cell C SIM card at your nearest Retail Stores and
Insert the SIM into a cellphone to request a migration to the LTE tariff plan by dialing: *147# > My Account > Change tariff > Home Connector Flexi.

Step 2​

You will receive on-screen confirmation that migration was successful. The migration process is immediate, and you will be able to load airtime or purchase a bundle on cellc.co.za, the Cell C app, or by dialing *147*583#.

Step 3​

While the SIM is in the phone download the Cell C APP. Open the APP and register the number. You will receive an OTP as security confirmation. You can also link your new SIM number to your current Cell C number for ease of management of your data. After registration you can insert the SIM into your LTE router and enjoy.

^NZ

Why can't we do this online? Why the need for a cellphone? I would think that the majority of these sims will only ever be used in routers.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Why can't we do this online? Why the need for a cellphone? I would think that the majority of these sims will only ever be used in routers.
Hi there,

You can purchase a Home Connecta Flexi Starter pack which will already be on the plan and you will need not to migrate.

Home Connecta is designed for use in a fixed location and will perform at its best when used as such. Should a subscriber use their Home Connecta Flexi service outside of the fixed LTE coverage area, Cell C accepts no responsibility for poor LTE network coverage or signal reliability.

You can also, purchase the HC bundles via the Cell C App or portal once you have registered your number.

^NZ

B-1

Expert Member
Hi,

Your SIM card needs to be less than 10 days from the date of activation. SIM cards bought already registered might not migrate successfully. Please send us a PM with the RICA serial number of the new SIM card so we can check it for you.

^NZ

Meh, was just going to give it a try. Not worth the hoops for something that expires in Sept. Thanks.

Jake45

Expert Member
Meh, was just going to give it a try. Not worth the hoops for something that expires in Sept. Thanks.
I must say that I have been quite happy with the service. This is definitely the cheapest prepaid data service currently available and if you combine it with some of the other Cell C promotions like the All-In-One free data and voice bundles if's a very useful and affordable product.

I bought and RICA'd two All-In-One SIMs from Checkers, converted one to the Home Connecta Flexi tariff and recharged 4XR50 onto the AIO SIM. Then I transferred all of the R200 airtime on the AIO SIM to the HCF SIM and bought the 50+50GB bundle for R199. I received an additional free 4GB data and 3600 CC to CC minutes on the AIO SIM from the recharges. You can also try to win some additional data in the Gig-A-Millions promotion. None of the other networks with the exception of Rain are offering this much value on their prepaid services.

B-1

Expert Member
I must say that I have been quite happy with the service. This is definitely the cheapest prepaid data service currently available and if you combine it with some of the other Cell C promotions like the All-In-One free data and voice bundles if's a very useful and affordable product.

I bought and RICA'd two All-In-One SIMs from Checkers, converted one to the Home Connecta Flexi tariff and recharged 4XR50 onto the AIO SIM. Then I transferred all of the R200 airtime on the AIO SIM to the HCF SIM and bought the 50+50GB bundle for R199. I received an additional free 4GB data and 3600 CC to CC minutes on the AIO SIM from the recharges. You can also try to win some additional data in the Gig-A-Millions promotion. None of the other networks with the exception of Rain are offering this much value on their prepaid services.

Its good value and that's why I wanted to try it but I have fibre at home so was more looking for data for my YouTube music during my usual commute. I wanted to check reception before doing the whole Rica thing and I'm also not sure how long they will keep the promotion running.

Jake45

Expert Member
Its good value and that's why I wanted to try it but I have fibre at home so was more looking for data for my YouTube music during my usual commute. I wanted to check reception before doing the whole Rica thing and I'm also not sure how long they will keep the promotion running.
If you are looking for some free data to test the service I think that I can send you 1GB from my 50+50GB bundle. Unfortunately you are only allowed to share 1GB per month. Your SIM might need to be on the Home Connecta Flexi tariff - you would have to ask the Cell C rep about that. If you want the data send me your Cell C number via PM and I'll try to transfer the data.

B-1

Expert Member
If you are looking for some free data to test the service I think that I can send you 1GB from my 50+50GB bundle. Unfortunately you are only allowed to share 1GB per month. Your SIM might need to be on the Home Connecta Flexi tariff - you would have to ask the Cell C rep about that. If you want the data send me your Cell C number via PM and I'll try to transfer the data.

Thanks for the offer but don't stress. I got a sim from someone to give it a try but they have this rule where existing sims can't swop to connecta flexi. So I would have to buy and Rica a new sim and can never use it for anything else after that. Will stick to my current method for now.