New South African Network Status Website - Please test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan C

Honorary Master
ISP and network providers have periods of high usage, low usage and factors like network problems like slow downs and dowmtime. This is due to hardware or physical link problems somewhere. A netwotk that is over utilised. Many other factors.

This tool provides a quick overview of networks and network history.
If you believe something may be up with your Internet connection, this tool helps you to see if anyone else is also experiencing the same.
Ok so you just report it ? Or does it get self detected. Sorry for my ignorance.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Ok so you just report it ? Or does it get self detected. Sorry for my ignorance.
looks like, all the graphs look the same, everyone is clicking the button like a wet paint don't touch sign. every single one is high impact.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I feel like the ISP graphs are completely meaningless if the users don't state which network they're using when reporting an issue.

That way it would be possible to see that a specific fibre network is having issues and that the problem isn't with the ISP.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
You might want to get the devs to look at this. A 404 on some content its trying to load:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://networkstatus.co.za/assets/css/bootstrap.min.css.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Pretty much. Over a 1000 reports for each network listed. If the reports are anything to go by then no one has internet currently. So obviously someone is spamming the report button on all the networks....
Looks like it's easy to script taking a quick look at the internet headers. Needs a bit of a redesign.

Last edited:

blowdart18

Pretty much. Over a 1000 reports for each network listed. If the reports are anything to go by then no one has internet currently. So obviously someone is spamming the report button on all the networks....
That is what I pointed out in my previous post :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You need to find a middle ground between making it easy to report, but still having some form of authentication or check in place to prevent spamming.

Tony2heads

As my old maths teacher would say; you need scales on BOTH axes, and if you want to compare like with like use the same scale

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Pointless. Have no idea what myBB is trying to do here. Almost as pointless as the SA govt's LD moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.