New Takealot Black Friday tech deals revealed

Tman*

Expert Member
Takealot are a bunch of scumbags, with FAKE Black Friday Specials.

I bought the exact USB cable for R123 about 2 weeks ago:

Now its advertised at "Less 60%" at R99:

60% off R123 is R49. Thats HALF of what they are charging now.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
What is the latest and greatest HDMI cable out there?
HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2?

ichigo

Executive Member
You should read the history of black friday. Its about retailers clearing old stock as we go into the new year and not making a loss on new items that are still in demand at retail prices.
Thought that was why they had clearance day in the US to get rid of the old stock for space for the new stock. Why have two days doing the same thing with different names?

Reactions: Yuu

envo

Expert Member
Raspberry Pi 3+ kit? That is the normal price you'd pay. I'd have thought you'd at least get the Pi 4 for less on a black friday. What is this? WMC?!

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
When Inquired about their FAKE discounts this is what they replied:

View attachment 746943
It's always been that way. Their % discount is always based on the RRP, and not their own selling price. Almost every online retailer does it. Why don't people just focus on what you are paying at the end?

Find X products and run a Google search. Find it cheaper elsewhere, well move on and buy it there. Vote with your wallet.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
At 2999 the dishwasher is good, but its clearly sold out now.

skimread

Honorary Master
Dion Wired is the same as takealot with their black friday specials. Wen't in store and all the items they said will have on special on Friday has a much lower price than the price listed. They over exaggerate the saving