New Telkom FreeMe contracts and bundles launched

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Damn, those are some big price increases and benefit cuts. I so wish I had upgraded my contract this week.

Edit: I see that their clearance sale has also ended now. Kicking myself for not talking the Song XZ2 on 1gb Free Me for R169pm while it was available.

Last edited:

obsidian86

Just because you are pissed off with Vodacom and MTN doesn't give you the right to take it out on your customers

cavedog

Honorary Master
They had the FreeMe 20gb on special for R499 too on prepaid for a while.

These new prices are less value for more money. Does not look like a good deal to me at all.

Streaming data was 50GB before. Music was 10GB.

Very disappointing!

EnT@nGleD

My contract unfortunately comes up for renewal in August only. Currently on the free me 5gb package. Losing the Lit benefits is a huge downgrade as I have used this to allow my kids to stream videos and movies while we are on the road or away. I will certainly now start looking elsewhere to see if there is better value. First time I will be considering moving since opening the contract in 2010 when it was still 8ta.

Budza

Executive Member
Brah! How the heck they just gonna cut our streaming data by a whole 4.5Gb! The whole point of me switching to them was for the 5Gb LIT streaming data on their 2Gb FreeMe package which I used with Apple Music! They are charging more and giving less! Swak!
That's me too.

More for less, while the other guys are dropping their prices.

Insanity here by Telkom, as well as @Jamie McKane who thinks these bundles are bigger and better. The only thing that's increased is the price!

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Yeah Telkom you can GFY if you think these new packages are "Better" than the old ones.. they're worse.
Joy of prepaid, will look around and tell them to shove it.

@rpm,@Jamie McKane we need an article now for the low ball comparison. Folks are going to jump ship in droves.

Praemon

Expert Member
So they've completely dropped the 50GB LIT Streaming FUP on FreeMe bundles? Wonder when that comes into effect for current contract users. I'd be super pissed if I took a contract out on the assumption that was part of the deal.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I find this particularly duplicitous. Only one gb of the 1.5 lasts for 61 days even though they market it as a 1.5gb bundle.

lloydb

Is there any other packages on the other networks that offer streaming data?