New Telkom infrastructure installations during World cup

Leakysandwich

Hi all

I've heard that Telkom will not be installing any new infrastructure (such as ADSL lines, leased lines, etc) during the World cup period...
Have been trying to find some more information on this (without calling Telkom directly), but could not actually validate if this is true.

I'm specifically worried because our company will be moving offices to Sandton in the next couple of months, and I know there are no Telkom line infrastructure at the location we will be moving to...

Does anyone know if it is in fact true?

Thanks

Something about a company being too lazy when it comes to working since it's staff wants to watch Football

Thanks

That is correct, not sure on how many of the services will not be available but you can pretty much be certain that nothing will happen.

We have been planning around this for about a year now to ensure all our things are done.

Anyway here are the Dates in a screenshot below

bah-telkom-166.jpg

ponder

Honorary Master
Does anyone know if it is in fact true?

Yes it's true. It a period of network stabilisation where they make no changes to the network.

They have a small version of this every month or so as well, cannot remember the exact times.

Tacet

Expert Member
Most of the networks freeze over the WC perdiod. AFAIK Telkom's freeze period is not first either. I think it is one of the FIFA requirements.

fragtion

Expert Member
But isn't 1 June the day we should be seeing the 8-12Mbit upgrade? And the new packages? I'm guessing that (very sensitive) planned event isn't going to be affected by the SWC?