New Telkom uncapped ADSL packages - All the details

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Waiting for an agent now, trying to see whats happening with my order.

Luckily the call is free from telkom mobile.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Order is still processing at the back office, only after that I get order number and router shipped to me :(

signeffex

I called and the lady first said i cant get it.
Then she said i could on a 24 month only.
Then i convinced her i can get it on month to month.
She seemed to agree. She said i need to get my adsl released from my current isp.

Now my isp has 2 options, cancel it altogether or move my adsl back to telkom.
I dont know which to choose as i dont want to risk being billed by telkom for an adsl line out of the package.

signeffex

They say line will be on pending status for a month if i move to telkom.
Does that mean its easier to cancel and apply new?

VinayN004

I was called by an agent a short while ago.
I'm currently on the month-to-month 4MB uncapped package for R649pm and I wanted to change to the Unlimited Home Lite 10MB package.
His reply was that existing customers do not qualify for the Lite packages, they are only eligible for the Premium packages and they get to keep their landlines. Additionally, existing customers to not get the benefit of a reduced premium for the first 6 months.
What he did tell me though was that I can remain on a month-to-month contract and will not be forced into a new 24 month contract.
Lastly, he didn't know anything about a free sim as indicated on the MyBroadBand article.

There seems to be a lot of confusion within their Call Centre. The agent I spoke to had to consult with someone a few times during our conversation.

If only MyBroadBand would be able to get clarity directly from Telkom on what exactly what they're offering to new and existing customers...

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I'm currently on the month-to-month 4MB uncapped package for R649pm and I wanted to change to the Unlimited Home Lite 10MB package.
His reply was that existing customers do not qualify for the Lite packages, they are only eligible for the Premium packages and they get to keep their landlines. Additionally, existing customers to not get the benefit of a reduced premium for the first 6 months.
What he did tell me though was that I can remain on a month-to-month contract and will not be forced into a new 24 month contract.
Lastly, he didn't know anything about a free sim as indicated on the MyBroadBand article.

There seems to be a lot of confusion within their Call Centre. The agent I spoke to had to consult with someone a few times during our conversation.

If only MyBroadBand would be able to get clarity directly from Telkom on what exactly what they're offering to new and existing customers...

Not even telkom knows what they are offering lol

signeffex

I do have a landline and don't mind keeping it. This deal can potentially save me 300 bucks a month though.
Not sure if it's worth the stress from Telkom incompetency.
The cherry on the top would be not having any connectivity while they sort this thing out.
Any suggestions. Haha this is like Russian roulette.

Jake45

Expert Member
I am waiting to see what Afrihost, WebAfrica and the other ISPs are offering. When I had my line with WebAfrica previously it was very easy to cancel when I switched over to Rain Fixed LTE. The ISPs will probably not be able to match Telkom in terms of price but the convenience of not having to deal with Telkom should attract a lot of frustrated customers.

signeffex

Eish that may be a good idea. Wait to see what the competition has to offer. Sad thing is if they were competent enough to sell this thing properly they would have gained many customers.

Jake45

Expert Member
Eish that may be a good idea. Wait to see what the competition has to offer. Sad thing is if they were competent enough to sell this thing properly they would have gained many customers.
My feeling is that we should rather support businesses that have decent customer support. Telkom really needs to improve their customer service or stop dealing with the public completely.

Their IP Voice products also look interesting but I think it would be a nightmare to attempt to move your number across to them.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Shows on my telkom profile also.
41f66bad2e141dd451de051e0e74d3e9.jpg

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
1590128093005.png

Weird it says 40mps to 100mbs, so I guess the account is the same fibre 100mps one?

Anakha56

Well no order number has been created for an upgrade for me :/. By the look of it the only way to get this deal is to cancel your current Telkom service and apply for the new one? Not a fan of that route as I could loose Internet access for a couple of weeks while they sort themselves out...

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
anyone know how much data you get on the extra sim on the premium packages

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master

I spoke to Jackie

someone posted her details

she said we are current telkom subscribers so we cant get the special

thats all she mentioned

nothing about the lite package as my mum has a voice subscription only. No net bundle