New TV - KU7350 any good?

qwerty123

Hi all,

We're looking to buy a new TV, it must however be through Makro since I converted my e-bucks into vouchers :-\

I can't find any reviews of this exact model, is it any good? KU7350 I'm only find review for the KU7500 range.

Makro got it on special for R12999

Most of the time the TV will only be used for movies and only 2 people watching.

Other recommendations would also be appreciated :p

Dolby

Honorary Master
I have a KU7000 and if I'm not mistaken, the only difference between KU7000 and KU7350 is the screen curve?

The KU7000 surprises me daily on the quality - but it isn't full HDR (does full colour gamut, but 8 bit panel and 400 nit), doesn't support 1080/24p and motion handling isn't super fantastic.

Also, although it is a '7 series' it's very watered down compared to older 7 series ... no Bluetooth and a few other features I had before.

qwerty123

I have a KU7000 and if I'm not mistaken, the only difference between KU7000 and KU7350 is the screen curve?

The KU7000 surprises me daily on the quality - but it isn't full HDR (does full colour gamut, but 8 bit panel and 400 nit), doesn't support 1080/24p and motion handling isn't super fantastic.

Also, although it is a '7 series' it's very watered down compared to older 7 series ... no Bluetooth and a few other features I had before.
I think you're right when say the 7350 is the curved version.

I'm not too concerned with the features, but no 1080/24 support and mediocre motion handling doesn't sound too great.

Being not very clued up with the current trends.. what would you reckon is the best buy in that prices range with the current Makro TVs?

Dolby

Honorary Master
I still love my KU7000 - the motion doesn't effect me at all and you're more than welcome to come through and see if you're in JHB.

That said, my only source is Netflix / Amazon and PS4 for gaming. I don't want DSTV or BluRay, which is where the 1080p24 will come into play. The UHD looks stunning on the set!

I'd still recommend this set

I also have the KU7000, the motion is absolutely fine as long as you leave off the features that are supposed to reduce it. Play plenty 24p movies on it too, again I don't notice the judder.

13k is a bit of a rip though, got mine from loot for R7k.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I also have the KU7000, the motion is absolutely fine as long as you leave off the features that are supposed to reduce it.
This TV is only a 60hz TV - so motion isn't fantastic. Panning, for example, has noticeable judder with everything off. I needed to enable an anti judder setting.

That said, could really be the sources we use.

Lupus

Honorary Master
This TV is only a 60hz TV - so motion isn't fantastic. Panning, for example, has noticeable judder with everything off. I needed to enable an anti judder setting.

I had a judder on my old 46" LCD from Samsung back in the day, was really odd as if the screen is kind of separated?

I had judder when "anti-judder" was on, much smoother with it all off, smooth enough not to be noticeable actually unless you're really looking for it.

qwerty123

Thanks, the decision is starting to become easier!

I'm also not planning on any DSTV / Blu-ray and will be using a HTPC with Kodi, so I'm assuming there would be some way to improve 24p & judder.

Very glad to hear that the picture quality is good though!

@ScottulusMaximus, I've checked with loot, they are currently selling that model for R12k, but Makro is throwing in a decent soundbar that can be used for a second TV. :D I guess curved makes it a bit more expensive... not sure if it's a good or a bad thing.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I'd personally get more screen real estate over curved, to be honest (assuming you have a choice)

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
I have the 65k7350 and must say, I am not a huge fan of Tizen and the MR of 100 is a small let down. The utube app crashes a lot. Other than that, I love it.

Nigelm

If you can afford it, rather go for the ku7500.

Makro also stocks it.

The ku7500 has a form of quantum dot active display.

tRoN

Executive Member
The problem with curve is you cannot mount it on the wall which is how I prefer my tvs

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Keep in mind that with the KU7000 series, only 1 of the HDMI ports is HDCP 2.2 compliant IIRC. So you're going to have to make a plan if you have more than one 4k/hdr device...