New Twist in Meat Scandal: Iceland finds No Meat at all in 'Meat' Pie!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Iceland added more flavour Wednesday to the scandal of mislabelled food products reported in many European countries when its food agency found no meat whatsoever in some tested products.

The North Atlantic nation's Food and Veterinary Authority recently tested 16 products amid the ongoing horse meat scandal. Results showed no beef at all in a beef pie, a product labelled Italian lamb and beef meatballs contained no beef, while a French-style garlic dish contained no garlic.

The head of the authority's testing group, Kjartan Hreinsson, said the tests showed that none of the listed contents were a complete match.

"Some had more discrepancies, others less," Hreinsson said.

Analysis of a meat sauce tested at the end of February for possible traces of mislabelled horse meat showed "no signs of any DNA from any mammal."

Iceland which has a population of 320,000, has an estimated 100,000 horses. Horse meat is one of its exports.

Source : Sapa-dpa /sdv
Date : 06 Mar 2013 15:52

Griz

Expert Member
This was in the news a week ago.

@marine1: they said vegetable matter

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Oh God. It was a veggie pie! :sick: I f***ing knew this day would come. The vegetarians are behind all of this. They want to put us off of meat and start eating soya and tofu.

Well I will not stand for this!!! :mad: And Stephen Hawking isn't sitting for this either.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
That's the funniest thing I've read today....my colleagues are giving me strange looks

Yuu

Executive Member
Oh God. It was a veggie pie! :sick: I f***ing knew this day would come. The vegetarians are behind all of this. They want to put us off of meat and start eating soya and tofu.

Well I will not stand for this!!! :mad: And Stephen Hawking isn't sitting for this either.

lol Ninja'd , while myself am a vegetarian, i would never enforce people to change in such a harsh manner :D.

So remember to eat your veggies tonight @Ninja'd :p