• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

New water restriction tariffs hit Cape Town: what you need to know

maumau

Honorary Master
It's unforgivable that S.A. farmers haven't switched to drip irrigation. It works in Israel and product is available locally.

Evaporation is a huge issue.

Last edited:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
It's unforgivable that S.A. farmers haven't switched to drip irrigation. It works in Israel and product is available locally.

Evaporation is a huge issue.
My dad gives me grief everytime he visits me because I'm not using drip irrigation. (He used to be in farming, and now has a nursery for farmers)

air

Expert Member
If they did that, they wouldn't have any one to blame.
Hell, you must have really been wronged in a previous life by the DA. You mentioned in a separate thread that you were going through a rough patch, pulling yourself out of a hole - I reckon if you spent half the time that you do rubbishing the DA on this forum (and perhaps others as well) and utilised that time better, you would have already been out of that damn hole.

maumau

Honorary Master
My dad gives me grief everytime he visits me because I'm not using drip irrigation. (He used to be in farming, and now has a nursery for farmers)
Clever dad :)

Netafim is the one I went for. It can be set up with the usual timers and liquid fertilizers.

I only have a garden but decided a few years ago it was the way to go.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Clever dad :)

Netafim is the one I went for. It can be set up with the usual timers and liquid fertilizers.

I only have a garden but decided a few years ago it was the way to go.
Wish I'd done the same initially, but to change it now - just don't have the money.

theratman

Executive Member
Hell, you must have really been wronged in a previous life by the DA. You mentioned in a separate thread that you were going through a rough patch, pulling yourself out of a hole - I reckon if you spent half the time that you do rubbishing the DA on this forum (and perhaps others as well) and utilised that time better, you would have already been out of that damn hole.
Triggered much?
In a discussion about water you have crossed the line and clearly gotten personal because you've taken offense at his dislike of the DA. Shame on you.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Had a lovely ride today, good to see so many of the farm dams nearly full and my secret fountain still flowing.
IMG_20180113_144242.jpg
Y'all sucka fools keep drinking that sweet DA Kool-Aid BS.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'm starting to wonder why I didn't set up my porta pool and just run the gutters into it.

Seems a bit late now but when is the next spec or rain supposed to happen?

daveza

Honorary Master
I'm starting to wonder why I didn't set up my porta pool and just run the gutters into it.

Seems a bit late now but when is the next spec or rain supposed to happen?
We need it before April, tons of it, and in April and May of 2017 we got no rain.