New Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone offers great value

e4et

Expert Member
If this gets the windows phone 10 rom, I'll be all over it :D

R13...

Honorary Master
I assume so. There is a supplier that recently started importing Xiaomi handsets for Africa not so?
I saw a Redmi 2 at IC in December, so yes looks like they are available here.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Just saw now that it comes with Android 5.1. Why not 5.1.1 or 6? :(

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
Whilst the rand tanks, the price of this cheepie will go up when it reaches our shores....

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Whilst the rand tanks, the price of this cheepie will go up when it reaches our shores....
Correct, but so will the more expensive phones unless the likes of Samsung and Apple reduces the actual Dollar cost to Vodacom and other operators. So comparatively, it will be still be cheap compared to others.

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
Correct, but so will the more expensive phones unless the likes of Samsung and Apple reduces the actual Dollar cost to Vodacom and other operators. So comparatively, it will be still be cheap compared to others.

Still good value for money.... :)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Still good value for money.... :)
Ineed, that is what I am saying. :) Even if the retail for the Xiaomi goes up due to the Rand tanking, so will the other premium brands, so in relation to each other after the Rand conversion takes place, it will still be much cheaper. It will be more expensive in the sense of our salaries not keeping track with these prices though. But that can be said for any imported goods, not just handsets.