Newest shrinkflation: Buddy coke

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So I went to the local superspar. All the variants of 500ml coke have shrunk to 440ml plastic bottles. Still the same R9.99 price. Also the Sprite Zero. I'm sure the normal Sprite will follow.

I walked out with a 600ml yellow Miranda. I really want the Pepsi but they almost never have it in stock.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I'm actually in favour of sugary foods and drinks becoming more expensive. It's better for society if they can't afford it even if it means certain individuals are "suffering" because of it.

RVQ

Expert Member
I'm actually in favour of sugary foods and drinks becoming more expensive. It's better for society if they can't afford it even if it means certain individuals are "suffering" because of it.
Especially with the medical tax credits going to NHI which under the ANC will be another huge failure, last thing you want is subsidizing someone else's bad habits...

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Thats fine, will the coke light and zero and life cost less?

BigBear

Expert Member
So I went to the local superspar. All the variants of 500ml coke have shrunk to 440ml plastic bottles. Still the same R9.99 price. Also the Sprite Zero. I'm sure the normal Sprite will follow.

I walked out with a 600ml yellow Miranda. I really want the Pepsi but they almost never have it in stock.
Also noticed the buddy coke or half liter is no more..

bromster

Expert Member
Plus the Coke Zero has a new "Improved Taste" which is effing AWFUL.

It now has a sharp aftertaste similar to this new Coke Life rubbish doing the rounds.

Back to Tab I guess...

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Yet fruit juice is 2x more than fizzy drinks.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
People still drink and smoke regardless of the "sin tax". This is just another way to fill the pockets of ANC cadres.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Doesn't fruit juice cost more than fizzy drinks anyway? And what's the relevance?
Well from what i see you are saying its better for fizzy drinks to be more expensive to promote healthy living but fruit juice being more expensive isnt helping squat.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Well from what i see you are saying its better for fizzy drinks to be more expensive to promote healthy living but fruit juice being more expensive isnt helping squat.
You brought up fruit juice. I just commented on fizzy drinks costing more. I don't get what you are on about or why you think I'm arguing a point.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Was going to post the same thing yesterday. got caught out and not happy about it. Paid R12 for this 440ml thinking it was expensive even for a normal 500ml.

Got in the car and held the bottle and though it felt different. Then saw the smaller size and was not impressed. No more cokes during the day, only buying 2l bottles for home now. Enough is enough.