Newest shrinkflation: Buddy coke

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
It's none of the above, it's a new one where the 2 litres used to be, in between the 2 litre Tabs and old 2 litre Coke stock.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
the 1.5l in a plastic bottle has been around for ages in CPT

that glass bottle i have never seen ever

isie

Executive Member

different areas have different bottles not only province based but sometimes suburb based.

Think in JNB we get the 1.25 Glass (used to be 1l glass), and the 300ml glass (which in JNB is subarb based)

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

Those ones are the old ones. These new ones are the same design as the 2 litres, just smaller. I took one thinking it was the 2 litre, only to see the label later and put it back.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Those ones are the old ones. These new ones are the same design as the 2 litres, just smaller. I took one thinking it was the 2 litre, only to see the label later and put it back.
I got fooled by that, ended up buying a 1.5litre instead of a 2, there are still 2 litres available as far as I know.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
I got fooled by that, ended up buying a 1.5litre instead of a 2, there are still 2 litres available as far as I know.
Yes, still old stock I believe. Southdowns Pick 'n Pay seem to be the quickest on the draw in relation to new stuff - they also had the new Lindt Mint last week, which I haven't seen at the other shops (including other Pick 'n Pays) yet.

rodga

Executive Member
Another item I've spotted recently... Toilet paper!

As long as I can remember they used to be 500 sheets, now you have to check because some are 300/350 sheets. Called mini rolls lol

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator

As long as I can remember they used to be 500 sheets, now you have to check because some are 300/350 sheets. Called mini rolls lol[
Checkers had these mini rolls - sure, they smaller but if you worked out the price per sheet it was cheaper.

Lupus

Honorary Master

As long as I can remember they used to be 500 sheets, now you have to check because some are 300/350 sheets. Called mini rolls lol
Yeah normally it was 350 for two ply. Rather get that then one ply works out better

mmmig

Honorary Master
you sure its not those small cans used in bars?
ive seen similar ones on flights as well.
Yeah it could be, perhaps the person doing the orders for the store made a mistake and ordered those sized cans accidently because only Sprite Cans were 320ml the rest were the standard 330ml