Newest shrinkflation: Buddy coke

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but fken PRINGLES

I swear they make the tube even bigger and the chips smaller. They're shaking around all over the show, a third of them are already broken by the time you've finished half of it.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

I swear they make the tube even bigger and the chips smaller. They're shaking around all over the show, a third of them are already broken by the time you've finished half of it.
To be honest, I have never in my whole life bought Pringles, was always too expensive for what one gets, in my opinion.

Last edited:

signates

Expert Member
I have always wondered why you only get those 500ml glass bottles in the Western Cape, anyone have any idea?
I think it's got to do with the independent bottling company. Here in WC we have Peninsular beverages that does the bottling for coke.

I also remember when Pepsi re-entered the SA market, they focused on joburg and released a 1.25l bottle at a lower price to coke's 1.5l bottle. Coke dropped their 1.5l in Gauteng and replaced it with 1.25l. We still have 1.5l coke here with a returnable bottle.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
To be honest, I have never in my whole life bought Pringles, was always too expensive for what one gets, in my opinion.
i only buy them on special . A shop here in CPT has them at 3 for R40, dischem and checkers has them for 3 for R45 sometimes

the new flavours are damn good and my 3 year old sits with a tin at a time so ya

Polymathic

Honorary Master
He's referring to CT where we still have returnable 500ml glass bottles for R8.

They are available at most corner shops and some forecourt shops. I only get the glass bottle if it's available, otherwise I'll get a can.
Have something similar in Durban but not sure is it's 500ml, I think it's 300ml here

Lupus

Honorary Master
The joke is that we already deem 330ml acceptable as a reference when It was 340ml not so long ago.
We don't really deem 330ml acceptable but it was done and we had to move on :-(. Also it was done in the UK as well, it's the freaking Pringles and chocolates I find unacceptable :-(

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
We don't really deem 330ml acceptable but it was done and we had to move on :-(. Also it was done in the UK as well, it's the freaking Pringles and chocolates I find unacceptable :-(
had a slab of melka ...the hazelnut one

and i was eating like its a 150g. Checked the package and its 270g

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

Noticed that this weekend. Don't normally buy them but they were going on special.

Taste was not what I remembered either.