Newest shrinkflation: Buddy coke

Arthur

Honorary Master
I'd rather have my children drink coke before they think of touching the common boxed fruit juices. Bad stuff.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Sugar tax is not there to bring the usage down but to rape more citizens. Sugar can be addictive and used in allot of products, so it is just an easy way for government to get more pocket money and to make citizens spend more. Will the price of sigarettes make a smoker stop smoking, no. They call it "sin tax" because it makes the corrupt government sin and the citizens pay the price.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'm actually in favour of sugary foods and drinks becoming more expensive. It's better for society if they can't afford it even if it means certain individuals are "suffering" because of it.
But then can they make the sugar free stuff cheaper please?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Plus the Coke Zero has a new "Improved Taste" which is effing AWFUL.

It now has a sharp aftertaste similar to this new Coke Life rubbish doing the rounds.

Back to Tab I guess...
Yeah it’s why I switched to Pepsi Max.

Sure it doesn’t taste like Coke, but it’s much closer than Coke Zero.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Coke is probably more unhealthy than smoking.
Not if you consider that coke only affects the person who drinks it. Smoking stinks, a majority of smokers (not all) couldn't care less about the People around them and it affects not only the smoker but all have to inhale the stink rubbish.

D3nz

Honorary Master
Other shrinkflations:
Ellis Brown Coffee Creamer from 1 kg down to 800 grams.
All Gold Tomato Sauce from 750 ml down to 700 ml.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Let's just say, I will never ever buy this unless it's the only thing available in a shop.
Yeah. Pepsi’s 600ml bottle is the way to go if you can find a convenient source. Checkers had 2l bottles for r9.99 last week.

Dot1

Buddy Bottles Have Now Shrunk to 440ml

Hi Guys

Has anyone else noticed that all buddy bottles in the stores are now 440ml - and the price has remained the same?

Why has this happened and why have the prices not gone down if the quantity has?

I suspect they are looking to cut costs - but are they going to make it even smaller again once the sugar tax comes in?

These companies make Billions a day in profit - this is just being totally greedy.

Dot1

Coca Cola - Getting more for less

Hi Guys

Has anyone else noticed that all buddy bottles in the stores are now 440ml - and the price has remained the same?

Why has this happened and why have the prices not gone down if the quantity has?

I suspect they are looking to cut costs - but are they going to make it even smaller again once the sugar tax comes in?

These companies make Billions a day in profit - this is just being totally greedy.

boanergesza1

Hi Guys

Same thing for cans a few years back. Went from 350 to 330 to bring it in line with Europe....or so they said.

bromster

Expert Member
Other shrinkflations:
Ellis Brown Coffee Creamer from 1 kg down to 800 grams.
All Gold Tomato Sauce from 750 ml down to 700 ml.
Omg. We need to start a retail trickery thread. I hadn't even noticed. Last thing I noticed was the country fresh ice cream from 2l to 1.8

I feel violated.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I'm actually in favour of sugary foods and drinks becoming more expensive. It's better for society if they can't afford it even if it means certain individuals are "suffering" because of it.
So when is dit OK try cry nanny state, and when is it not?

BTW, this is not just sugary drinks this is happening to. :erm:

calypso

Expert Member
Hi Guys

You dont have to buy it.