Newest shrinkflation: Buddy coke

beans100

Honorary Master
Hi Guys

Has anyone else noticed that all buddy bottles in the stores are now 440ml - and the price has remained the same?

Why has this happened and why have the prices not gone down if the quantity has?

I suspect they are looking to cut costs - but are they going to make it even smaller again once the sugar tax comes in?

These companies make Billions a day in profit - this is just being totally greedy.
I thought the sugar tax already kicked in????

beans100

Honorary Master
I don't drink that **** anyway. Drink-o-Pop and Sweeto FTW (stick it to the man)

concentrate-naartjie.png

eg2505

Honorary Master
Yeah. Pepsi’s 600ml bottle is the way to go if you can find a convenient source. Checkers had 2l bottles for r9.99 last week.
do agree with this,

and with pepsi nobody getting richer

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Hi Guys

Has anyone else noticed that all buddy bottles in the stores are now 440ml - and the price has remained the same?

Why has this happened and why have the prices not gone down if the quantity has?

I suspect they are looking to cut costs - but are they going to make it even smaller again once the sugar tax comes in?

These companies make Billions a day in profit - this is just being totally greedy.
This is literally what this entire thread is about and then you come and ask if anyone has noticed?

When that’s all we’ve been talking about?

Confused.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
This is literally what this entire thread is about and then you come and ask if anyone has noticed?

When that’s all we’ve been talking about?

Confused.
New thread in other section, got merged with my thread...

Insint

Expert Member
I'd rather have my children drink coke before they think of touching the common boxed fruit juices. Bad stuff.
They should rather just drink water.
Since cutting down on sugar I almost never buy soft drink. These days my intake is water, coffee (1 or 2 at most a day), tea and Woolies milk (unfortunately:crying: not Raw).

Drinking sugar less soft drinks are unfortunately just as bad.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Aaaah.

Tapatalk must camouflage the mod notes then, if there were any.

rodga

Executive Member
No doubt in a few years time, they will release a new more convenient size of 500ml.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Sugar tax is not there to bring the usage down but to rape more citizens. Sugar can be addictive and used in allot of products, so it is just an easy way for government to get more pocket money and to make citizens spend more. Will the price of sigarettes make a smoker stop smoking, no. They call it "sin tax" because it makes the corrupt government sin and the citizens pay the price.
Sugar is not addictive... Stop believing that lie.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Plus the Coke Zero has a new "Improved Taste" which is effing AWFUL.

It now has a sharp aftertaste similar to this new Coke Life rubbish doing the rounds.

Back to Tab I guess...
So it's not just me that noticed this change about 6 months ago

scienide

Expert Member
Other shrinkflations:
Ellis Brown Coffee Creamer from 1 kg down to 800 grams.
All Gold Tomato Sauce from 750 ml down to 700 ml.
jumping jack small popcorn packets, went from 20g to 14g (we buy the strips normally for the kids) - still same price

beans100

Honorary Master
Plus the Coke Zero has a new "Improved Taste" which is effing AWFUL.

It now has a sharp aftertaste similar to this new Coke Life rubbish doing the rounds.

Back to Tab I guess...
Add a little more brandy to neutralize the taste