• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Newlands set to host last-ever Test

Saturday’s match between the Springboks and England will reportedly be the last Test to be played at Newlands.

According to Rapport newspaper, the almost bankrupt Western Province Rugby Football Union is set to sell the iconic stadium and move to Cape Town Stadium in Green Point.

Negotiations between the WPRFU and the City of Cape Town about the union’s lease contract of the stadium are believed to be in the final stages.

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/newlands-set-to-host-last-ever-test/

As a teenager I remember watching my first ever international in 1980 at Newlands, with the touring British Lions.

It's a sad day for SA and in particular SA rugby when I hear news like this.

cn@

Expert Member
Why do you say that?
My question too.

The only clue that he might have meant it sarcastically is because he used the Comic Sans font.

And if he did mean it in a less serious way he could have constructed his humour a bit better.

Newlands is a sensitive subject to white and coloured people.

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
:(

Gonna miss the post-game streets full of celebrating people, the full pubs and restaurants in the area on game night.

My question too.

The only clue that he might have meant it sarcastically is because he used the Comic Sans font.

And if he did mean it in a less serious way he could have constructed his humour a bit better.

Newlands is a sensitive subject to white people.
I've noticed his posts on political subjects yes...so not surprising.
And yes, *****ing insensitive,but then it's good these days to attack anything the white man built or set up?

"Newlands is the oldest rugby stadium in South Africa and the second-oldest rugby stadium in the world

Last edited: