news.saix opens at 6pm?

gregmcc

Honorary Master
For the past few days I've left my alt.binz running during the day only to come home and find virtually nothing has been downloaded.

I've noticed that bang on 6pm the flood gates open and I can connect and get my full 39k/s

Anyone else notice this? Do they throttle connections until 6pm?

Thestealth

Expert Member
Yebo. Between 8am and 6pm it's shaped/throttled/smothered. Outside of those times its cool. I've noticed the opposite behaviour on Saix2 occasionally, but that's another story...

APoc184

Honorary Master
Yebo. Between 8am and 6pm it's shaped/throttled/smothered. Outside of those times its cool. I've noticed the opposite behaviour on Saix2 occasionally, but that's another story...

Is saix2 still up and running? I thought it was only for a while and that it now diverts to the saix1

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
did you know that there is a dedicated thread for all things "news server related"? :p

Thestealth

Expert Member
Sorry guys. I'll have to with Gary from here on in. Otherwise we'll end up starting that entire thread again...

dryburn.macbook

help

hi how do i set it up on my macbook...

what is telkoms service provider???

saix or is

please help

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
hi how do i set it up on my macbook...

what is telkoms service provider???

saix or is

please help
Unless you're running windows (virtualised or via bootcamp) you're probably stuck with Unison but if you do happen to come across a better app for OsX let me know. :)

Silver82

Thanks Gary, glad to see I'm not the only one who gets annoyed with those kinds of posts :) ... I said the exact same thing in another thread, lol!

gregmcc

Honorary Master
I agree all posts should be kept under one thread - but have you seen the news related thread - its over 51 pages. You can't really expect anyone to page through all of that.

Silver82

You're right, paging through 51 pages is way too much effort, especially when the bulk of the info is in the first post. It's much easier to just start a new thread... again. :)

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
doesn't mac have hellanzb?
That doesnt look like a complicated app . . . :eek:

You're right, paging through 51 pages is way too much effort, especially when the bulk of the info is in the first post. It's much easier to just start a new thread... again. :)
How about you point out to him where on the first, or any, page it explains how to set it up on the Mac. That might actually be helpful.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I'll give it another look this weekend then. :)