News24 unveils digital subscription service at R75 per month

Are you going to subscribe to News24’s new subscription service?

• Yes

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 215 98.2%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
News24 has announced a new digital subscription service that will be available to readers from 8 August.

The subscription, which will cost R75 per month, will give readers access to additional investigative and in-depth journalism.

It will also give paywalled access to informed opinions, analysis and views on news, politics, sport, business, and lifestyle.

A subscription will further include access to the best of Media24's journalism from City Press, You, Drum and True Love magazines' digital editions.

It will also introduce new features, such as the ability to post comments, listen to articles, share subscriber-only articles with friends and choose from a bouquet of premium newsletters.

The move is in line with a growing international trend to charge for online news content as part of the industry’s evolution to a new, sustainable model.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
No thanks. Too expensive should be $1 at most.

Thanks for this. I see it's R699 for 3 years. Cheap as chips might grab it.
Agree. If you look at the price of magazines nowdays. I never knew there's so many hunting/fishing magazines out there. Travel mags, handyman etc ... I'm enjoying it.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
It will also introduce new features, such as the ability to post comments, listen to articles, share subscriber-only articles with friends and choose from a bouquet of premium newsletters.
B67CE736-292E-415B-874E-794161BE350F.jpeg

Hamster

Resident Rodent
The move is in line with a growing international trend to charge for online news content as part of the industry’s evolution to a new, sustainable model.
The world’s better off without news to be honest. Pay R75 to be depressed about this African **** show. Why?

bin3

So, only the people that can afford R 75 per month will be 'allowed' news, pretty much killing the voices of 90% of our population

Nice ...