News24 unveils digital subscription service at R75 per month

Are you going to subscribe to News24’s new subscription service?

• Yes

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 215 98.2%

• Total voters

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
No thanks. Too expensive should be $1 at most.

Thanks for this. I see it's R699 for 3 years. Cheap as chips might grab it.
Link for anyone who wants it:

surface

Executive Member
Adriaan Basson hates himself so much for being white that he ruined News24 for everybody.
There is a simple explanation for this. I have heard that his dna results show some impure blood.

OCP

Expert Member
Well, if you take the stats now (excluding the two morans who voted with me) I'm actually in the less than 1%.
Congrats!

The first step is always to admit you have a problem ;-)

lunch

Well I won't unless there are assurances that there will be zero adds. That's for sure.
News24 arguably has the worst advertising strategy on videos hosted on it's site I know of. No matter how low you set your volume. All other audio emanating from your computer might be a perfectly reasonable volume. The moment that add starts playing they somehow manage to play it as twice human tolerable audio volume. Furthermore once a video has stopped playing they immediately skip to another video (the same add at the start included) - If you then want to go back to the previous video to rewatch it... dum-dum-dum! You have to watch and listen to the same add again.
It's borderline traumatising.
Use Mercury Reader for news sites

jack_spratt

Expert Member
R9 per month is more reasonable.

Test the market, before you completely destroy your company.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
No thanks. Too expensive should be $1 at most.

Thanks for this. I see it's R699 for 3 years. Cheap as chips might grab it.
Took out the Gold trial and missed that 3 year offer. Could've sworn I cancelled it but they still charged me R80 so I popped them a mail saying I want to take out a yearly option. They cancelled my gold and refunded me. Awesome service and highly recommended.