Next big wave of skilled workers, emigrants leaving SA - political analyst

Sollie

Expert Member
Next big wave of skilled workers, emigrants leaving SA - political analyst

Emigration rates from South Africa surged by about 20% in 2018/2019, which can be described as the start of the next big wave of skilled workers and emigrants leaving for greener pastures, according to political analyst and author Dr Johann van Rooyen.

South Africa is losing at least 25 000 emigrants per year and about 1 000 high net worth individuals, joining the estimated 1.5 million South African expats abroad, says Van Rooyen.

He has been tracking South African emigration since the publication of his book The New Great Trek in 2000. He believes the current generation of younger emigrants with in-demand skills wants to be part of the globally mobile workforce trend.

More ...

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Waar gaan jy speel met jou maatjies? Waar gaan jou spore toe waai? Waar gaan jy val, gaan jy opstaan en huil? En waar gaan jy staar na die sonsak wat myle strek?
Wat los ons oor vir ons kinders? Wat gaan ons eendag kan wys? Wat is nog reg of verkeerd, wil ek weet?
Wat maak ons as jare se sweet te vergete gaan?

Ek los vir jou die son en die see en die land my kind
Belowe jy sal my aan die einde vind
My vlag sal aanhou waai en die sade sal ek saai vir jou En jou veilig hou
Die here hoor my - Ons sal 'n lewe vind
My vlag sal aanhou waai en die sade sal ek saai vir jou
Ek belowe jou: Die land behoort jou

Wat het geword van die liefde? Wat het geword van die droom? Trane van duisende val op die sand En die bome laat streker groei in landery

Ek los vir jou die son en die see en die land my kind Belowe jy sal my aan die einde vind My vlag sal aanhou waai en die sade sal ek saai vir jou En jou veilig hou Ek los vir jou die son en die see en die land my kind

Die here hoor my - Ons sal 'n lewe vind My vlag sal aanhou waai en die sade sal ek saai vir jou

Die land behoort aan jou
Ek belowe jou
En jou veilig hou

Jabulani22

I wonder what the cause of this could be ? perhaps all these people simply do not like democracy so they choose to go live in another democracy ?

cguy

Expert Member
Waar gaan jy speel met jou maatjies? Waar gaan jou spore toe waai? Waar gaan jy val, gaan jy opstaan en huil? En waar gaan jy staar na die sonsak wat myle strek?
Wat los ons oor vir ons kinders? Wat gaan ons eendag kan wys? Wat is nog reg of verkeerd, wil ek weet?
Wat maak ons as jare se sweet te vergete gaan?

My vlag sal aanhou waai en die sade sal ek saai vir jou En jou veilig hou

Wat het geword van die liefde? Wat het geword van die droom? Trane van duisende val op die sand En die bome laat streker groei in landery

Ek los vir jou die son en die see en die land my kind Belowe jy sal my aan die einde vind My vlag sal aanhou waai en die sade sal ek saai vir jou En jou veilig hou Ek los vir jou die son en die see en die land my kind

Die here hoor my - Ons sal 'n lewe vind My vlag sal aanhou waai en die sade sal ek saai vir jou

Die land behoort aan jou
Ek belowe jou
En jou veilig hou
Slaan terug!

Jabulani22

They’re just patriots, making the sacrifice to help SA’s unemployment crisis.
I can see how this would help , if i had the finances i too would help .
I dont hate democracy enough to flee to another democracy.

signates

Expert Member
I wonder what the cause of this could be ? perhaps all these people simply do not like democracy so they choose to go live in another democracy ?
Just lol if you really don't know what the cause could be. Democracy is not one of them.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Estimates of emigration are likely undercounted due to the substantial number of South Africans with dual passports.

Jabulani22

Just lol if you really don't know what the cause could be. Democracy is not one of them.
Come on , we live in one of the freeíst democracies in the world , untainted by any sort of government policy , what could be the problem ?

Venomous

Honorary Master
Come on , we live in one of the freeíst democracies in the world , untainted by any sort of government policy , what could be the problem ?
You're funny.

You do know that all the colours of the rainbow nation are leaving. While some might leave for other ideas MOST are leaving for job security and personal safety and better money.
While a large part of the emigration wave of 93-95ish was partially race based times have changed and is not the leading reason for leaving currently.

hj007

The only ones of my friends that aren't leaving are the ones that have alternative passports. They'll stay, but technically could leave tomorrow. Seems expats sleep better than locals at the moment..