Next big wave of skilled workers, emigrants leaving SA - political analyst

krycor

Honorary Master
there are more black professionals in south africa than white, its not unbelievable. seeing some of the salaries black professionals earn is mind blowing, not just here but in africa. just going to another african country also means leaving the country...
It’s because most african countries are artificially dollar based with African inflation. This is why there a lot of startups which are originated elsewhere on continent, service that market but base dev in SA as they score on currency, predictable inflation, some law and order and infrastructure.

If you think professionals in african countries earn the same or less than SA you have a very stupid perception of Africa and if servicing this market are likely selling your products for cheap vs what’s the norm there..

DreamKing

Executive Member
Estimates of emigration are likely undercounted due to the substantial number of South Africans with dual passports.
not really.

if you have a SA passport, you have to use your SA passport to leave / enter SA. otherwise, you may be arrested.

just only count how many people using SA passport to leave the country and how many people using SA passport to enter SA, you are easy to get approximately how many SA citizens left the country permanently.

surface

Executive Member
Funny thing is many skilled black foreigners in SA are also leaving or preparing to leave. One recently told me "this country is done, I'm going back". It's only the useless thugs that remain in the end.
I am here and you are here, right?

rambo919

Expert Member
I am here and you are here, right?
I was at that point speaking of the mass of undocumented african foreigners, the useful ones leave because all over the continent they are in demand and the leeches remain.

Though if you press the point almost all the most skilled native SAfricans increasingly do leave as soon as they are able leaving the less talented here.... which would include both of us yes unless either of us are the exception to the rule. This seems to be the broader pattern regarding all race groups.

surface

Executive Member
I was at that point speaking of the mass of undocumented african foreigners, the useful ones leave because all over the continent they are in demand and the leeches remain.

Though if you press the point almost all the most skilled native SAfricans increasingly do leave as soon as they are able leaving the less talented here.... which would include both of us yes unless either of us are the exception to the rule. This seems to be the broader pattern regarding all race groups.
I see. May I ask what work do you do where you encounter a mass of undocumented african foreigners? I haven't come across any yet in my day to day dealings. I mean I don't really ask a person if they are documented or not - that would seem a bit weird to me but hey - no judgement.

My take is that - Majority on the forum is talentless with the honorable exception of the foreigner. Or we are exception.

rambo919

Expert Member
I see. May I ask what work do you do where you encounter a mass of undocumented african foreigners? I haven't come across any yet in my day to day dealings. I mean I don't really ask a person if they are documented or not - that would seem a bit weird to me but hey - no judgement.

My take is that - Majority on the forum is talentless with the honorable exception of the foreigner. Or we are exception.
Oh so personal experience is the bar for reality? With that level of reasoning there is no point in argumentation.

The majority of the forum that are actually still in the country (a fair number are expats) are either relatively talentless yes or in some stage of preparation to leave with the exceptions that wont leave no matter what. Almost no one with ambition and brains stays in SA that's just a fact., work that wont mentally/emotionally ruin you is just plain too scarce.

access

Executive Member
It’s because most african countries are artificially dollar based with African inflation. This is why there a lot of startups which are originated elsewhere on continent, service that market but base dev in SA as they score on currency, predictable inflation, some law and order and infrastructure.

If you think professionals in african countries earn the same or less than SA you have a very stupid perception of Africa and if servicing this market are likely selling your products for cheap vs what’s the norm there..
how do you know where i got my information from to make such a statement. thumb suck? as i said black professionals earn huge salaries all over africa. there is incentive for people to go elsewhere other than here. news you can choose to use or lose. no skin off my back.

Sollie

Expert Member
Oh so personal experience is the bar for reality? With that level of reasoning there is no point in argumentation.

The majority of the forum that are actually still in the country (a fair number are expats) are either relatively talentless yes or in some stage of preparation to leave with the exceptions that wont leave no matter what. Almost no one with ambition and brains stays in SA that's just a fact., work that wont mentally/emotionally ruin you is just plain too scarce.
... or perhaps too old, other obligations, circumstances ...

But hey, it's easy. Up and off ...

rambo919

Expert Member
... or perhaps too old, other obligations, circumstances ...

But hey, it's easy. Up and off ...
So basically the forum is filled with tallentless loosers, incontinents, old farts and clueless expats....... that just about explains all the fights hahahahaha

But being more serious now, the overall patterns leading to chaos are obvious even though many do extra effort to keep digging their head even deeper into the concrete while their exposed backsides keep being taken advantage of.... but hey that's mostly their business. Even the media now and then is starting to speak about the ever increasing lack of skilled labour available.