Next Mercedes-Maybach is a R4.6-million beast

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
*Cyril Ramaphosa: Yes. One please. But lets keep this between us ok?

eg2505

Honorary Master
of course you can have one dear leader, you say you want Katy pery to sign the bonnet, we can sure organize that.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Dig that luggage set thrown in.

If you’ve been yearning for an exclusive and super-luxurious open-top experience, then you’re in luck. Mercedes-Maybach has just revealed its S650 Cabriolet following a teaser just two days ago.

Limited to a mere 300 units, the S650 Cabriolet seems to be somewhat plusher version of the AMG S65 … but only just.

At first glance, it may not appear too different to the S65 Cabriolet, but if you pay close attention, you’ll notice that the front bumper features extra chrome detailing, while a bespoke set of 20-inch wheels are also included.

Inside, there’s all sorts of bespoke trim, and a four-piece luggage set is thrown in, too.

Driving the S650 Cabriolet will be the same bi-turbo 6,0-litre V12 found in the S65. This delivers 463 kW and 1 000 N.m to the rear wheels through a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, giving it a 0-100 km/h time of just over 4,0 seconds and a limited top speed of 250 km/h.

Pricing for this new model has not been revealed, but you can be sure the Maybach-branded variant will cost far more than the R3 518 368 Mercedes-AMG S65…

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/plush-mercedes-maybach-s650-cabriolet-revealed/

crysis

Expert Member
What a disgusting car. Who ever likes this should be ashamed of themselves. To turn down a roller for this? Sickening :sick:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Whoever is responsible for those rendered press shots should be fired. They managed the rather difficult task of making it look ugly.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
What a disgusting car. Who ever likes this should be ashamed of themselves. To turn down a roller for this? Sickening :sick:
Each to their own. But I agree with you in that I wouldn't take this over a Phantom Drophead.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Can one use third-party luggage, or do you have to use the OEM stuff? :p

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
There's nothing wrong with it - it's just a pretty standard looking Merc convertible. I can see why some people would buy one ahead of a Rolls or Bentley. Maybe they just don't want to stand out so much?

crysis

Expert Member
There's nothing wrong with it - it's just a pretty standard looking Merc convertible. I can see why some people would buy one ahead of a Rolls or Bentley. Maybe they just don't want to stand out so much?
They don't want to stand out so much? For gods sake, it has crystals in the headlights! This car is built for the man with the microscopic penis, showing off to all his friends and passer by's how much money he has. Its terrible, and everyone that gets built deserves to catch fire.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
They don't want to stand out so much? For gods sake, it has crystals in the headlights! This car is built for the man with the microscopic penis, showing off to all his friends and passer by's how much money he has. Its terrible, and everyone that gets built deserves to catch fire.
I didn't notice that about the car when I first glanced over the images, and most people probably wouldn't notice either. Merc already has the option of those ugly dots in the grilles of their AMG cars. This one basically looks like that.