Nextbook tablet price in South Africa versus US

Totempole

Expert Member
I took a look at these Nextbook devices the other day. Performance of the 8" and the 10" are almost identical. The 10" has slighly faster SSD storage. The 8" screen is too small to be able to work with easily, particularly in the command prompt. The 10" is okay, works like a netbook and has a touchpad mouse on the keyboard, which is nice.

The price of the 10" is too high compared to the 8". I would have considered R2499 fair.

Below are the Windows 8 Experience Index Results (Rating out of 10).

Processor: 5.9 (Better than a dual-core Celeron Notebook)
Memory: 4.5 (Disappointing for DDR3)
Graphics: 3.1
Gaming Graphics: 3.7
Disk: 6.85 for 8" and 6.95 for 10"

Hope this helps anyone who may be interested in one of these. :)

warwickw

Expert Member
Jan/RPM has someone asked Makro for comment on why the 10.1" version is R1000 more here than it should be ?

rogerwe

Does anybody know the ppi or dpi of the ips screen. I'm very tempted to get one, and despite my googling I cant find any figures. At that price in worried its too pixellated to even consider.

Anybody know?

Freaksta

Expert Member
I have the 8", slightly disappointed with the quality of the screen. It's pretty bad in comparison with my iPad 2. I find viewing Angels not to be great and it almost doesn't get bright enough!

mister

Executive Member
It's pretty bad in comparison with my iPad 2. I find viewing Angels not to be great and it almost doesn't get bright enough!
It's not an ipad, and it's not at ipad pricing :wtf:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It's not an ipad, and it's not at ipad pricing :wtf:
No but the iPad 2 is a 2011 machine with a non-retina display. Hardly a benchmark device these days.

saa044

Expert Member
Can anyone tell me what type of SSD is in this? I either want to return mine to makro because storage space is to low or upgrade the SSD.