Nielsen Online/OPA survey

guest2013-1

People just need to be aware that there could be unforeseen consequences should there become a significant disparity between income and expenditure.

Of course I have no knowledge of any of the sites financial aspects so it's obviously hypothetical.
True, but that is why I said it's not blocking any of the advertising. And Google Analytics is still running quite happily gathering data so they have statistics to show Advertisers.

If you go to my responses on the Forum Suggestions page you will notice a few things why it might be slowing down the load time on the browsers itself and a few other reasons why it may cause a delay in mybroadband.co.za loading.

I don't experience the same delay with Google Analytics and I find that Google is more than good enough for statistics. If a comparison needs to be drawn up then using the server logs for actual hits might serve a purpose.

Having 2 methods of comparing stats is already good enough to get advertisers on board, and not knowing really why so many objects in JavaScript needs to be created by the Nielsen one (and for what purpose), I'm sure a 3rd isn't really needed on the forums who pride themselves of being locally hosted.

Speeding things up significantly, I figured it deserved it's own thread to highlight how to do this and get the user experience rating up a bit. This, of course, won't be done by every tom dick and harry and most are happy with the loading times.

But after having done this I've seen the speed in loading improve A LOT.Not just a bit.

guest2013-1

Did ic just merge my thread with the original complaint one?

If he (or any other mod did), please note that I'd like it reversed because having my thread appear under the original title of the forum suggestion doesn't serve it's purpose, which is to inform people on how to speed up their browsing experience.

It is totally separate threads and I'm kind of cross with whoever did this as I took the time to write the tutorial as well...

stormwalkerza

I nuked that site ages ago the first time i has to use gprs on mobile providers at a little seaside town.

I was freaking out as a page took ages to load, and some even timed out on that poor speed.

After nuking that site, no problem ever....

Vote to nuke it totally

guest2013-1

I nuked that site ages ago the first time i has to use gprs on mobile providers at a little seaside town.

I was freaking out as a page took ages to load, and some even timed out on that poor speed.

After nuking that site, no problem ever....

Vote to nuke it totally
Yup, that was the first time I noticed it as well, over my 3G connection. I initially asked on here what the site was as I wasn't aware of it being any advertising related thing that normally loads but wasn't answered.

I didn't see it causing too much fuss on my antivirus and my machine was clean of spyware so it didn't trouble me much.

However, it did irritate the living crap out of me as with the OP

guest2013-1

this site loads slowly especially on local...
Try my litte tutorial and report back if it made a difference. I'm sure it will and why my thread was moved under a forum suggestion thread to dissappear like that is just plain stupid. It's not a suggestion to the owners. It's a tutorial to speed up the site experience if you're a frequent visitor. They seriously messing with the wrong person here

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Did ic just merge my thread with the original complaint one?

If he (or any other mod did), please note that I'd like it reversed because having my thread appear under the original title of the forum suggestion doesn't serve it's purpose, which is to inform people on how to speed up their browsing experience.

It is totally separate threads and I'm kind of cross with whoever did this as I took the time to write the tutorial as well...
No, ic didnt merge the threads I did.

I saw there was one thread suggesting that the domain be added to ones host file and merged it with your thread giving instruction on how to do so.
Try my litte tutorial and report back if it made a difference. I'm sure it will and why my thread was moved under a forum suggestion thread to dissappear like that is just plain stupid. It's not a suggestion to the owners. It's a tutorial to speed up the site experience if you're a frequent visitor. They seriously messing with the wrong person here
I'm sorry you believe I "messed" with you by merging two undeniably related threads (problem and solution) together.

Last edited:

guest2013-1

No, ic didnt merge the threads I did.

I saw there was one thread suggesting that the domain be added to ones host file and merged it with your thread giving instruction on how to do so.I'm sorry you believe I "messed" with you by merging two undeniably related threads (problem and solution) together.
Even though they might be slightly related I felt this deserved to stay in it's original forum.

at least change this "suggestion"'s topic to be more descriptive and say something about the solution at least.

My topic I felt was different to the OP in this thread and does not belong under the Forum Suggestion title as this is not related to a suggestion I'm giving the mods or rpm, but something helpful for the public.

You can see how I think someone was messing with me right? Because it appears to be very convenient for someone to move/merge the thread and let the old (more relevant) title die off as it slips away on the front page

Anyway, I made alternative arrangements.

Again, just to re-iterate. My thread wasn't a suggestion to forum admin and a solution was already posted within the same thread. I felt I needed to make this general knowledge for people who only bother to visit off-topic and teach them how to speed things up quite noticeably.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
LOL, but really people, is this thing legit? I have filled it in one a few months ago

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
no idea what survey you guys are referring to. Never had one pop-up on me
No idea either - all I can suggest is to log out and delete any mybb related cookies, empty your cache and see what happens.