Nielsen Online/OPA survey

RVQ

Expert Member
I get it as well, pops up all the time if you not logged in

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
I use IE and it happens on varying pages. I spend most of my time in the root of the forum or in "Photography" or "DSTV, TopTV, SABC, TV and Multimedia"

Next time it happens I'll take a screenie and post it in here.
/Points and laughs

WTF do you expect? get a real browser

I use FF and the last time I saw it prob was 4-5 months ago...
same here

ponder

Honorary Master
Use Chromium with adblock & flashblock and I dunno what you guys are talking about.

Shibal

Hi folks

Due to the complaints from the forum we asked Nielsen to address the complaints about the pop-up survey, and they explained: “We're currently running the survey at %10 across the whole market until we get a good sample size. After this we will reduce it to 1%.”

We did however get the go-ahead to reduce the frequency 10 fold which we implemented today. It should therefore not appear very often any longer.

Please let us know if you are still getting frequent survey requests.

Regards,

RPM
I updated to FireFox 5, and the freezing and blank white screens left a bad taste in the mouth, and this got me looking at other browsers.

I installed Google Chrome, and then got this survey pop-up on just about every second thread opened, so I doubt that they have scaled back their pestering as promised - AdBlock Plus to the rescue.

mySunSet

Specially for anyone who's hesitating about the two FF5 and GChrome benchmark reviews linuxnov.com/mozilla-firefox-5-vs-google-chrome-12-benchmark/

Last edited: