Nigeria must take control of South African companies – Ruling party

Bad1

in the old days South Africa survived well without foreigners,

Azg

Expert Member
circles my fellow, circles as you said, it starts of small but South Africans are just warming up,
The common excuse is that the savage behaviour we have witnessed during every xenophobic attack is due to the uneducated poor. Reading your shocking posts it seems even the educated are enthusiastic participants.

The problem with encouraging lawlessness and vigilante justice is that once the hordes are done with the foreigners they may decide to come and share your house, car, wife etc. You can't turn criminal behaviour on and off like a tap.

Watching you and your mates perform on the news this week was like watching a particularly nasty episode of The Walking Dead. Good luck with solving complex societal problems in that way.

Moto Guzzi

Nigeria must take control of South African companies – Ruling party

Nigeria’s ruling party urged the government to nationalize South African companies operating in the West African nation in retaliation for xenophobic attacks on its nationals.

Relations between Africa’s two biggest economies have been tense following attacks on businesses run by migrant Africans in Johannesburg, which sparked reprisal raids by mobs on the offices of the South African mobile-phone company MTN Group Ltd. and stores operated by Shoprite Holdings in the commercial hub of Lagos and the capital, Abuja.

[Bloomberg]
Maybe something else about Africa is brewing behind the scenes, something like South Africa not to be the leader in Africa as it set itself out to be, maybe criss-cross forces involved over borders, for us it looks something totally different is cooking......?

Bad1

The common excuse is that the savage behaviour we have witnessed during every xenophobic attack is due to the uneducated poor. Reading your shocking posts it seems even the educated are enthusiastic participants.

The problem with encouraging lawlessness and vigilante justice is that once the hordes are done with the foreigners they may decide to come and share your house, car, wife etc. You can't turn criminal behaviour on and off like a tap.

Watching you and your mates perform on the news this week was like watching a particularly nasty episode of The Walking Dead. Good luck with solving complex societal problems in that way.
well OK then let's put an end to this war and let the whole of Africa live and work in South Africa which was once a beautiful country, let everyone enjoy free Healthcare and more importantly there are plenty of jobs around for everyone, so you foreigners are more than welcome to work for half the salary, come live in our neighbour hoods, we don't mind at all, the more foreigners that walk into the country the more our economy is booming just look at how strong our rand is compared to times when we had border control, thank you foreigners for contributing to the economy and creating thousands of jobs for our people and big thank you for reducing the crime rate, thank you for stopping all stolen and hi jacked vehicles from entering your countries foreigners and when our cops tryed to confiscate fake and stolen goods from foreign owned shops, you gave our cops a kick in the back and sent them packing, thank you for making South Africa a better place for our own people, thank you and you are more than welcome, how would South Africa survive without you!

Jase

Executive Member
Again you allude to the fact that foreigners are the reason the economy is suffering. You have a beef with foreigners it seems.

ilovenigeria

Globacom is Nigeria indigenous telecommunication service provider, apart from glo we have airtel, etisalat, starcom and many more. Stv is Nigeria indigenous cable tv network apart from stv we have startime,freetv, starsat and many more. South African companies make more money in Nigeria than in south Africa, that y they are ready to die there than leaving.

ilovenigeria

Yo
So wait? The whole bullshit started with a nigerian drug leader killing a taxi driver. To be honest most nigerians I have come across locally are not the ones I would want to have here. Also I can count them on one finger. I suggest to all South African companies to move to Kenya or Tanzania and we scuttle all our businesses in Nigeria and use the money to build a giant wall.
You are lying, u know that it was never a nigerian but a Tanzanian that killed

ilovenigeria

the problem is Nigeria needs South Africans otherwise Nigerians would be sitting in the bush with no network, no mulitchoice and no shoprite, probably scamming will save the economy, Nigeria has more to gain from South African companies, in South Africa most foreigners don't contribute tax and are working at half the salary, South Africa is at a disadvantage having more foreigners while South African companies contribute a lot to Nigeria's economy and job market, South Africa public services and economy is stressed out by estimated 20 million undocumented workers
Globacom is Nigeria indigenous telecommunication service provider, apart from glo we have airtel, etisalat, starcom and many more. Stv is Nigeria indigenous cable tv network apart from stv we have startime,freetv, starsat and many more. South African companies make more money in Nigeria than in south Africa, that y they are ready to die there than leaving.

Jase

Executive Member
Let's help you out here and back that up with some research. This is just a quick search on Multichoice.

I know you are posting from an emotive standpoint but try to back up your statements with some facts.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
What?

I get given a shot list and a location... I'm pretty much a glorified cameraman to the layman. I'm not a producer. I know nothing about the entirety of the production until i'm there. I can share my past experiences, but not my future plans.

If that's your basis of opinion, then I'm corrupt scum.
What you forgot to mention is that no-one cares how you get it done, all they care about is that it is done on time, and in budget.

RonSwanson

Expert Member
A Warning For Foreign Minister And People Of South Africa By Femi Fani-Kayode

Does this she-devil of a Foreign Minister really believe that innocent Nigerian men, women, and children should be butchered at will in the streets of South Africa by bloodthirsty and bestial mobs?
I would appreciate them in helping us as well to address the belief our people have and the reality that there are many persons from Nigeria dealing in drugs in our country"- Dr. Grace Naledi Mandisa Pandor, South African Minister of International Relations.

Is this the sort of thing that ought to be said by the South African government when we are still in mourning and when we have not even buried our compatriots that were cruelly slain, bludgeoned to death and cut to pieces in the streets of South Africa?

At a time when this irresponsible, insensitive, shameless, conflicted, self-hating, pitiful and mendacious creature that has been described as the foreign minister of South Africa should be apologizing to the Nigerian people for the mindless savagery and barbarity of her blood-crazed compatriots, she is pointing accusing fingers at their victims and the objects of their collective hate and seeking to demonise them. What have we done to deserve this? First, you kill us then you seek to justify it and demonize us!

Does this she-devil of a Foreign Minister really believe that innocent Nigerian men, women, and children should be butchered at will in the streets of South Africa by bloodthirsty and bestial mobs?

Worse still does she think it is right and proper that this is done with the full endorsement and support of both the South African government and police? Is that the way forward? Is that the way to build bridges in Africa and enhance peace and stability on the continent?

Can such behaviour be justified or defended under any circumstances? What would she do or think if the Nigerian government and people decided to reciprocate and mete the same treatment out to South Africans that reside in Nigeria and South African companies that are situated here?

In any case, how many of those that were butchered over the years were drug dealers? If it is true that as many Nigerians deal in drugs as she has suggested, why can't the South African Government apprehend, arrest and prosecute them and send them to jail rather than demonize, misrepresent, target and kill innocent and defenceless Nigerians?

This is a clear case of racial stereotyping and a squalid and shameful attempt to justify hate, racism, xenophobia, self-hate, black on black violence and mass murder. Permit me to educate the South African
Foreign Minister and set the record straight.

There are thousands of Nigerian professionals, academics, lecturers, intellectuals, businessmen, scientists, engineers and doctors in your country working hard, doing a great job and contributing massively to your development and economy.

The fact that your people hate Nigerians and enjoy killing us has nothing to do with drugs, human-trafficking or drug-trafficking. It is because your people are hateful, ignorant, xenophobic, lazy, racist and envious of ours.

And the few irresponsible Nigerians that go to South Africa and indulge in terrible and unforgivable crimes like drug and human trafficking and gang-related violence do so only because your people have a terrible weakness, an undue fascination and an insatiable appetite for hard drugs, alcohol, prostitutes, men and women of easy virtue and the dark, ugly and wild side of life.

It is therefore not surprising that South Africa has, for the better part of the last 25 years, been described as the "world's capital for homicide" and the country with the "highest number of people that have been afflicted with HIV AIDS!"

Rather than work hard, like their Nigerians counterparts, South Africans prefer to go to sleazy and cheap nightclubs, gamble on the gaming machines and poker tables, drink huge amounts of beer, take massive amounts of hard drugs and stay at home, watch television and sleep. They are not particularly good at anything except singing beautiful songs and killing other Africans.

It is for this singular reason that their women love and respect Nigerian men and have nothing but contempt for their own. Generally speaking, Nigerian men are strong, productive, virile, focused, courageous, industrious, adventurous and hard-working with a touch of arrogance and they excel in all their ways. Sadly, the average South African male does not possess these virtues.

It does not stop there. For the better part of the last 50 years, Nigeria has been the major military and economic power in Africa and we have used our wealth, power and influence wisely and expeditiously to the advantage of many countries on the continent.

For example, had it not been for us the minority white Boers would still be ruling over the black South Africans and apartheid would still have been firmly in place.

We nationalized British Petroleum and Barclays Bank because of them in the late 1970s and thereby compelled the British to accept our demand of black majority rule in South Africa and Zimbabwe and to stop supporting apartheid and their white minority governments.

We are far ahead of South Africa in terms of education and virtually every other sphere of human endeavour and we have opened up our country for them to come and invest in.

Today Nigeria is by far the biggest market for their expertise, products, goods, and services and if that market were to ever be closed to them or their companies nationalized it would affect their economy enormously.

The truth is that they benefit far more from and make far more money from us today than we benefit and make money from them.

In a trade war, they have far more to lose than we do because not that many Nigerian companies have invested heavily in and operate in South Africa whilst many South African companies have invested heavily in and operate in Nigeria.

As a matter of fact, some of those companies make more money from the Nigerian market and their Nigerian operations than they do in the whole of the rest of Africa put together. That is what we have offered and given them and yet they have offered and given us next to nothing in return. All we get from them are insults, violence, and heartache!

Historically and in every other way they are very much our juniors. Our people were educated at Oxford, Cambridge and the very best universities in the world since 1860. South African blacks never went to a real university until the 1990s after apartheid fell.

We have liberated and brought peace, justice, and stability to many African countries and been a blessing to the Africa continent for many decades despite our present challenges.

Whether it be Angola, Mozambique, Congo, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Namibia, Sierra Leonne, Liberia, Sao Tome and Principe, Sudan, Chad, Niger, and so many others: we were there in full force with our money, our arms, our logistical support and in some cases our troops.

We shed blood and our blood was shed for other African countries over the years yet all we get in return are insults.

If you say Nigerians are drug pushers and human traffickers then I will say that South Africans are losers, racists, drop-outs, failures and genocidal maniacs.

Worse still had the white Boers not built up South Africa it would still be a barren land and the black population would still be nothing but slaves that live in filthy and squalid little townships.

Despite all the razzmatazz and great public relations about being a happy and prosperous "rainbow nation" where everyone is so happy and is treated so well, the truth is that South Africa remains a country with a black body and a white head.

I say this because even though political control and leadership has been ceded to the blacks, 80% of the multi-national corporations, big business, industry, the private sector, and the economy and 90% of the choicest land, the biggest farms and the best farmlands still remain in the hands of the white minority.

Given this, is it any wonder that black South Africans are literally going mad and are so deeply frustrated and filled with hatred and bitterness?

Read more...
This is a pretty mixed up article. A difficult, but interesting read, I say interesting because it expresses Nigerian perceptions. Difficult because it's all over the place.

Some truths, but equally, some lies.

My question: How about the Nigerians addressing their Boko Haram problems, and ensure the safety of people inside their own country first?

Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master
This is a pretty mixed up article. A difficult, but interesting read, I say interesting because it expresses Nigerian perceptions. Difficult because it's all over the place.

Some truths, but equally, some lies.

My question: How about the Nigerians addressing their Boko Haram problems, and ensure the safety of people inside their own country first?
Probably a perception held by many in the rest of the continent. I've had to endure Zuma questions from locals while in some African countries. Most of what they believe is nonsense and exaggerations, but my rule of thumb is not to argue politics with people I don't know well unless it's on the internet

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Specifically which lies irked you the most?
There are many, and to rate them in order of vexaciousness means that I need to read the article again. I just don't see chance for that :laugh:.
The Nigerian people that I know and have worked with are well educated and decent, with high standards of output. Let's just say that this article paints a completely opposite picture of my own personal experiences and perceptions of Nigerian people.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
There ya go...the final excuse reason to expropriate without compensation. Thanks for building and investing - now piss off!
Yep, now we will see how fast we can destroy what you managed to create, in an adverse environment ... , the norm for this continent.